26. It's all your fault...

♡●♡●♡

"Arthur?" A knock on the door and then the door opens. Lorenzo comes inside and Arthur looks up.

Ever since Alice told him the news he has been lying down on his bed. He doesn't want to talk to anyone right now. Not Alice, not to his brother and mother and certainly not with the police anymore.

"Is everything alright with Alice?" Lorenzo asks. "It was her that called, right?" He asks and Arthur nods.

She's stuck at school with his problems. People are asking her questions, grabbing her to get answers. Taking her arm and demanding to get the answer to that one question.

Is he really the little brother of Charles Leclerc?

And still she calls him to say that he shouldn't go to school. People want to know everything, people are angry that he keeps this a secret, people don't understand him. People think he is selfish because he has never arranged anything for his class regarding Formula 1.

It's stupid, he always knew that people wanted to hang out with him because of his brother, and now that he hears from Alice how people talk about it, it hurts even more. Classmates who have said that they should have been nicer to him so that Arthur could help them meet someone because he probably knows all the drivers. He doesn't know them, but they don't know that.

When Alice told him, tears came to his eyes. No one will ever be there for him. They are here for his brother or if they can use him.

"Are you okay?" Lorenzo asks.

"I'm not going to talk to them anymore. You can say that to the police. I don't care." Says Arthur.

"Well then you're out of luck because they still want to talk to you." Says Lorenzo.

"But I don't. Leave me the fuck alone, Lorenzo." Says Arthur and he feels himself getting upset again, and he doesn't want that.

"What's going on?" Lorenzo asks.

"It's all your fucking fault, Lorenzo. All yours and I'm so mad right now!" Says Arthur.

"What did I do?" Lorenzo asks getting mad a bit himself.

"You put me on a suicide note, for everyone to see, you came to my school and now everyone knows! Everyone knows, and it will get to the media and my life is done!" Says Arthur.

"We will get through that, don't worry." Says Lorenzo.

"It's not about us, this is about me, Lorenzo. I didn't want to be just the little brother of Charles Leclerc and now I will be. Everyone will only be friends with me for my brother and not for me. It will never be about me, because nobody cares about me. And I don't even care about that. But I do care that people will use me to get to know Charles or whatever they want." Says Arthur.

It feels selfish to say it, but it's not that strange that he wants people around him who also care about him. Friends who want to hang out with him and not Charles.

"I understand that it is not ideal for you, but people won't use you to get to know Charles. You found yourself friends, right? So what's the problem?" Ask Lorenzo.

That he doesn't have friends like Lorenzo thinks he has. Arthur found Alice, and he is so happy to get to know her. She's the only one who likes him for him.

People don't like him and ever since 2017 he had a terrible time at school. No matter which one, all of them were horrible experiences.

And from today, everything is going to change. Maybe people will all change, be nice to him or they want to do a project with him. Before this, no one wanted to do anything with him, and they didn't have to think about it.