Chapter 4

"Where is she!" The king roared at his guard upon discovering the disappearance of one of his captives.

"They were 30 girls, 30! How are they now 29?" The king demanded an answer,  gripping a guard by the neck.

"Your highness, I've got no clue! The day I tried counting, Eldrick said not to bother; they were always complete," the guard stammered, fearing for his life in the king's grasp, shifting the blame to his colleague.

"Where's Eldrick?" King Azazel questioned, attempting to calm himself, releasing the guard and throwing him to the floor.

"Where is she... Yen, right?" the king mused, trying to recall her name, questioning the nonchalant guard.

"Your highness, I really don't know. I did suggest to Thorne not to bother counting the girls that day, but it was just a suggestion," he said, shrugging and turning to Thorne.

"You two, one week to find Yen. If she's not back in good shape, be prepared to face my wrath. And bring anyone who tries to stop you," the king ordered before dismissing the guards.

Rumors of Yen's escape had infiltrated the kingdom, casting shadows on his reign. Restless, torn between anger and curiosity, the king wondered how she had eluded him and what drove her to seek refuge in a foreign land.

His advisors proposed various options, but none seemed fitting. Then, a discreet messenger arrived with an unexpected message: a kingdom seer had a vision that could reveal Yen's whereabouts.

Intrigued, King Azazel postponed immediate plans, instructing the guards to wait. If the vision held true, Yen's location would soon be known.

Summoning the seer, a mysterious figure draped in flowing robes, the king listened as she recounted her vision with eyes that seemed to hold knowledge beyond the mortal realm.

"In my visions, I've glimpsed a foreign place-the neighboring kingdom. A land of greenery and tranquility, where Yen has found refuge."

King Azazel's eyes narrowed as he absorbed the seer's words. This vision was a revelation, a potential lead to Yen's doorstep.

The following week, King Azazel mobilized his spies, dispatching them to the foreign kingdom of Almira. Their mission: search discreetly, blend into the crowd, and gather information about Yen's new life. Report every detail, no matter how small, to piece together the puzzle.

"One week! Bring Yen back. One week," the king declared, dismissing them. The seer's vision had ignited a determination in the king - to reclaim what was his.