•|Jub Hania met Zaan

Descending the grand staircase with the Queens by my side, I was acutely aware of the eyes that followed us

The room had shifted from animated conversations to an air of expectancy. My parents and the Rehmani family were engrossed in a dialogue that would shape our lives.

As we approached the gathering, I felt a mixture of anticipation and formality. .

The Queens took their places beside me, and I exchanged a knowing glance with them. Their support was a comforting presence in this sea of expectations.

"Hmari Hania bhi aagyi ab to, agar apko kuch puchna ho to puch lijiye,) My father's said

(Our Hania is here too, you can ask anything if you want)

The conversation wove through familiar territory - family, values, and compatibility. The essence of these interactions was familiar to us all, the script played out countless times in such settings. But as our parents acknowledged our presence, the atmosphere shifted.

Mrs. Rehmani's gaze lingered on us, her eyes holding warmth as she spoke, "Bhaiya, humme to apki Hania bohot pasand ayi hai hamare bete Zaan ke liye." (We really liked your Hania for our son, Zaan.)

The praise was a mix of formality and warmth, a testament to the graciousness that defined such occasions.

The words carried weight, the unspoken expectation resting on our shoulders. With those words, the knot of apprehension seemed to loosen.

As congratulatory messages filled the air, I exchanged a fleeting glance with Zaan. This was the first time I looked at him properly, and I felt a surge of curiosity and nervousness. He was handsome, with dark hair and piercing eyes. I sensed a hint of reservation in his expression. What was he thinking? Did he like me? Did he agree to this alliance willingly?

My mother's voice carried across the room, her eyes alight with joy. "Chalo, baccho, muh mitha karna hai. Rishta pakka hogya akhir!" (Come, children, let's celebrate. The alliance is fixed!)

The phrase "rishta pakka hogya" echoed in my ears, marking the beginning of a new chapter in our lives. The elders' conversations took on a celebratory tone, their approval paving the way for our journey ahead.

As the excitement reverberated, my mother turned to us, her expression expectant. "Girls, jao, Kitchen se mithai lekar aao."

The directive was clear - fetch sweets from the kitchen to celebrate the good news.

With a shared understanding, the Queens and I exchanged a knowing glance.

Mom took all of them to the dinning table, while the children were left behind.

Heer's voice held a playful note as she turned to the Rehmani brothers. "Ayaan, Zaan, mithai ka lutf uthane chalo." (Come to enjoy the sweets)

Shahana's mischievous grin was a harbinger of what was to come. "Let's all go together."

Rhea added her own layer of intrigue. "After all, it's a day of celebration."

I met Zaan's eyes briefly again and felt a flutter in my stomach. We haven't talked even for a second. But i can smell he is a trouble.

The Rehmani brothers exchanged glances,. then they nodded with curiosity and amusement.

________________
Author's Note

Any of you love sweets? 😆

Pull up the next chapter to start our enticing journey of the Rehmanis and the queens