007. The Homecoming Hangover

The girls rushed through the halls, screaming Emily's name in the hopes she'd respond. Spencer tried to turn on the lights, they then flickered creepily but didn't stay on.

"Um, why don't we split up?" Spencer suggested.

"Um, why don't we not?" Hanna shot back.

"Fine, we'll split up together." Aria said. She pulled out her phone, "I'm calling Emily until she picks up."

As the girls stood and waited for her to answer, a distant phone rang. They looked at each other and walked towards the sound. The phone, Emily's phone, laid right out in the middle of the hallway.

Rachel picked up the phone and the girls entered the room closest to where the phone was dropped; the science lab.

"Emily?" Rachel called out to the girl. The room was absolutely trashed. Shelves were knocked over, books were scattered over the floor; there was definitely a struggle.

"Oh my god." Hanna said. They looked down to see broken glass and blood smeared on the floor, "Is that blood?"

"Don't go there." Spencer said.

"Why not? She was here with Toby and her phones in the middle of the hallway." Rachel whispered, "It's definitely not red paint either."

The girls looked at each other nervously. What could have happened to Emily? Where was she?

‧₊˚✧ ୨♡୧✧˚₊‧

Rachel rushed down the street, not even bothering to bring her car. Her heart pounded in her chest, worried about what happened to Emily.

Emily had been admitted to the hospital by Toby himself. She had a broken wrist and a gash on her head. She approached the Field's house and noticed a police car.

"Mrs Fields, is she allowed visitors?" Rachel asked Pam.

"Yes, the girls are up there too." Pam said, "But only for a bit, she needs her rest."

Rachel nodded and smiled before going to Emily's room. The rest of the girls were already there. "Sorry it took so long. Are you okay?" Rachel approached Emily and wrapped her arms around her.

"I'm okay." Emily said with a smile. Hanna pulled out Toby's file.

"Who knew Rosewood had this many cops?" Hanna said, "I went to put this back, and they were outside talking to Toby's shrink. They know this was stolen."

"Can I see that?" Emily asked. Hanna handed her the file.

"If anyone saw me go into that building last name I am so hosed." Hanna exclaimed. Aria's phone suddenly rang and all the girls stared at her with fear.

"It's my Mom." She assured them. She read out the message, "Ask your father if he plans to take the car in this week."

Rachel placed a hand on Aria's shoulder sympathetically. "My parents have gone from not talking to not texting. God, this sucks, I better go home."

"Us too." Spencer said. Hanna complained about what to do with the file, "Just shove it in your locker tomorrow. We'll figure it out."

Rachel felt bad for leaving so soon since she had just gotten there. But Emily needed her rest and Rachel had work. "Feel better, Em." She smiled at the girl.

Emily grinned. "Thanks, Rachel."

‧₊˚✧ ୨♡୧✧˚₊‧

Hanna sped on the dirt road, the file clutched in the hand not on the wheel. The three girls attempted to stop her, but she didn't listen.