014. Careful What U Wish 4

Rachel sat on Spencer's couch as the girls rewatched the Alison video over and over again. They didn't open Rachel's video again, nobody wanted to see that again. Rachel didn't speak for the entire duration of it. She couldn't find the words, nor the will to speak. Her body wouldn't move, and Spencer and Emily had to carry her to her position on the couch.

"She doesn't even look scared." Spencer commented as they rewatched the Alison video.

"Did Alison ever look scared?" Hanna questioned. They continued to watch and it reached the point that Alison was on the ground.

"He pushed her, didn't he?" Aria said.

"All that mumbling and groaning, maybe she was..." Hanna began to say, but Spencer cut her off with a quick push. Spencer quietly told her "not to talk about that kind of stuff right now". Hanna immediately shut up.

"I'm just trying to give your creepy brother an out." Hanna snapped at Spencer.

"In-law, Ian is my creepy brother-in-law!" Spencer corrected her.

"Okay, whatever he is, he just married your sister and he might be a killer." Aria stopped the girls' bickering, "And even if he's not a killer, we all saw what he did to Rachel."

"This definitely proves he was with her the night she died." Emily said.

"Can we watch this one more time to figure out what they're saying?" Hanna asked, beginning to rewind the video.

"No, please, I can't watch that again." Emily said, stepping away from the computer.

"Please, not again." Rachel croaked out, speaking for the first time since she saw the video. All four girls turned to her and agreed to give it a rest. They sat down on the couch with Rachel and Spencer laid a hand on the girl's shoulder. Rachel shivered.

"Are you cold?" Spencer asked her gently. Rachel slightly nodded and Spencer grabbed the throw blanket that was on the couch and wrapped it around her shoulders, "I'll make some hot chocolate too."

As Spencer was sifting through the pantry, Hanna snapped. "Hot chocolate? What is this, camp Tamarack?" She said, "We can't just sit around singing Kumbaya. We have to hand over those videos."

Before Rachel could argue, a voice was heard, Ian's voice. Rachel lightly gasped, her eyes widening. "What video?" He asked. Rachel suddenly remembered Spencer's laptop was wide open, the video still on the screen. He couldn't find out if they had it, or the other one.

Spencer wracked her brain for an excuse. "Uh, Hanna rented Tootsie but she left it at home."

"Oh, well, you're welcome to hang with us in the barn." Ian suggested, "Your sister picked some Chick-Flick on demand."

Ian passed the laptop but didn't seem to see anything. As he was asking Emily about what sports she was playing, it gave Spencer the perfect chance to reach across the counter and shut her laptop as inconspicuously as she could. Ian noted their awkward and uncomfortable tension and couldn't help but ask.

"What's up? Did I walk in on the middle of a Chick-Flick?" Ian asked, "And why does Rachel look so upset?"

Spencer looked at Rachel and noticed the tears that were welling up in her eyes at Ian's presence. "Um... she just found out her grandmother died."

Ian nodded slowly. "I get it, no boys allowed. And sorry about your grandmother, I'm sure you're very upset."

Rachel gave a slight nod and quickly looked away, and Ian walked back outside. The girls breathed a sigh of relief and Rachel let a soft sob leave her. She knew he'd never do anything in front of people, but that didn't mean she wasn't terrified of him. And Leo; it was most likely that Leo was biologically Ian's. But she knew only one person who knew what had happened to her, and she had to talk to him.