011. Moments Later

Rachel watched in horror as Hanna was wheeled into the ambulance. She had stabilizers on her back and neck, an oxygen mask over her mouth and nose, and was practically strapped down to the table. The worst part was that she hadn't even woken up yet. A few moments later, Hanna was being driven off to the hospital.

"We have to get to the hospital." Spencer said, "You guys okay to drive?"

"Yeah, I guess so." Emily said. The four remaining girls began to make their way back to their cars as quickly as possible. Emily and Spencer were the first to go, but Rachel turned around when she noticed Aria was lagging.

"Come on, Aria!" Rachel shouted to the girl, as she was kind of far away. Even from far away, Rachel could see the look of confusion and horror on the girl's face. As if she had seen something.

But there was no time to question her on it. They had to get to the hospital-- as quickly as possible.

‧₊˚✧ ୨♡୧✧˚₊‧

Rachel was on the phone with her aunt, explaining what had happened to Hanna. "No, nobody saw who was driving the car; they sped off right after hitting her."

"That's awful." Her aunt commented, "How is she?"

Rachel took a deep breath. "Still unconscious, I think." She explained, "That's why we wanna wait here, maybe she'll wake up soon."

"Oh, I hope so." Her aunt said, "When you leave the hospital later tonight, just come sleep at my house, alright? I don't want you driving around in the middle of the night, especially with that lunatic still around."

Rachel smiled slightly. "I will don't worry." Just then, Hanna's mother, Ashley, came into the lobby. "I'll call you if there are any more updates, okay? Give Leo a hug and a kiss for me."

"I will, honey." Her aunt replied, "Take care. I'm praying for the best."

With that, the call ended and all the girls approached Hanna's mom to see if there were any updates. "Is she okay, Ms Marin?" Aria was the first to ask.

"She is going to be alright." Ashley said, "She, uh, she has a broken leg, a broken ankle, bruised ribs, and they might have to remove her spleen."

The girls didn't say anything. They were too horrified to speak. So, Ashley spoke up again and asked the question none of them truly knew, "What happened?"

"Hanna was coming across the parking lot, and this car just came out of nowhere." Rachel explained.

"Well, the police found the car." Ashley said, "They said it was stolen from a campground lot."

"Did they catch the driver?" Emily asked.

"No, not yet." Ashley said.

"Well, the cops should be looking for Toby Cavanaugh." Spencer spat.

"It wasn't Toby Cavanaugh." Ashley assured her, "The police picked him up last night."

"What?!" Emily suddenly exclaimed.

"One of the officers told me they found him hiding in town, and they were bringing him into the station when they got the call about Hanna." Ashley explained to them.

Emily looked nothing short of horrified. "You girls should go home." Ashley said, "I'll call you when Hanna can have visitors."

The girls all agreed. "Just let Hanna know we were here." Aria said.

"I will... when she wakes up." Ashley promised.

The fact that Hanna still wasn't awake scared Rachel, but she couldn't let herself go down the rabbit hole of thinking about what would happen. She had to be strong, and she had to be hopeful for the best. For Hanna.