12

Brian Hazelwood

Brian Hazelwood

"Brian! Brian!" My sister Brianna yelled from across the dining room table.

"What?" I asked, snapping back to reality. I had just been remembering my amazing date with Armando at the museum. I already attached the triceratops pin onto my backpack so everyone can see it.

"I was asking you if you liked your date with that Dominguez kid." My sister said. She smirked at me while my parents both gave each other looks.

"It was fun. I had a good time." I replied.

My dad set his utensils down and turned to me.

"Brian, listen. When your sister was old enough, we gave her the standard safety talk. Y'know, using protection and that kind of stuff." My dad said.

Oh God, I hope this isn't going where I think it's going.

"However, we don't know much about... men with men things." My dad's face turned red quickly. "So we asked that nice gay couple down the street for some advice." My dad reached under the table and grabbed a packet of papers and placed them on the table.

"I know how uncomfortable this is, Brian." My mom spoke. "But we want to make sure that, just in case you and Armando take things further, you'll have the knowledge you need to practice safe sex."

"Does she have to be here for this?!" I pointed at Brianna.

"I don't. But I want to." My sister replied smugly.

"Now, let's start with loosening yourself up..." Dad said.

"Dad! Mom! Stop this!" I slammed my head on the table and tried to hide away from everyone.

"No can do, bumblebee. We need to explain this to you so we both can be more informed." My mom said, slamming her hand on the table.

"We'll go buy you some water-based lube so you can explore yourselves. The nice couple told me to use your fingers first and be gentle." Dad continued speaking.

"Wait! Why are you guys assuming I'm going to be receiving?" I asked.

My mom, dad, and sister looked at each other with knowing glances.

"Come on, Brian..." Mom muttered. "It's pretty obvious."

"Let's get to positions!" Dad quickly said. I leaned back in my seat, feeling humiliated and wishing the world would swallow me whole.

After the most awkward conversation with my parents, which included me having to write down notes and recite to them what I learned, I left for my room and just curled up on bed.

While I sat on Armando's bed, helping him with Physics, I kept wondering about the possibility of us doing it. I haven't so much as had my first kiss. So to imagine having full blown sex with the first guy I've been with is too far fetched to think of.