6 - You Summoned Me

The last thing Devika expected to find in the attic was a drop-dead gorgeous man in a black suit staring back at her with an amused look

The last thing Devika expected to find in the attic was a drop-dead gorgeous man in a black suit staring back at her with an amused look. Tall, crisp-cut hair with mild-toned brown skin, he was no lesser than a magazine cut-out.

"Took you a lifetime but I appreciate the call," his deep voice reverberated in the attic as he spread his arms wide and bowed low with a smile on his pretty face.

Bewildered at the unexpected presence of a stranger, she took a few staggered steps back only to slip her foot by the edge of the stairs. Fear crippled through her bones as Devika saw flashes of her life events in front of her before she realised, she did not make the fall. Instead, a hand gripped hers firmly saving her from possible severe injury.

"Seriously? Is this how our first meet should go?" He pulled the perplexed Devika to a safer spot in the attic and watched her as she gathered herself to speak.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?" she stammered while pointing a trembling finger at him. Devika swore her heartbeat raced not only because he was a stranger but also for his appealing features.

His sun-kissed hazel eyes read her with slightly confused yet entranced with her question. "You do know you had just summoned me, don't you?" he asked, a corner of his soft pink lips curved showing off his dimple.

Devika hitched a breath from his question, she shook her head in responds. "What on earth are you talking about? I did not summon you?" She exclaimed as she grabbed a rusted lamp stand.

There can be no chance of her calling a man into her house and bringing him all the way up in the attic. Especially with her house full of people while she remembered nothing. "Remind me again, how did you get here?"

Settling himself on an old cushion, he pointed a finger at her. "You summoned me and I came."

The morning sun filled the room, brightening everything it touched and raised its temperature up a few notches. So did her anger, Devika lifted the lamp stand ready to charge as she warned him not to repeat the same answer. "Drop your nonsense and tell me the truth."

The beautiful stranger pursed his lips with a shake of his head as he closed the gap between them. Taking the lamp stand from her strong grip, "did you read aloud something from the book?" he asked gesturing at the book she dropped earlier.

Her gaze slowly laid on the old thick hardcover book she found while came up in search of a forgotten silverware. The book effortlessly raised from the floor and floated in the air with its front turned to her.

The title read; 'Every Entitled One Has a Guardian Angel and I Am Yours'.