7 - The Play of Power

The bright sky darkened in a swift, wind gushed carrying heavy clouds, thunder growled and streaks of lightning flashed—an apocalypse, was predicted by the weather forecast of the city

The bright sky darkened in a swift, wind gushed carrying heavy clouds, thunder growled and streaks of lightning flashed—an apocalypse, was predicted by the weather forecast of the city. They said it was the worst and saw no end to it.

While the people of earth sees it as storm and rain, out in the universe was a different scenario all together. In between the heaven, Swargaloka and hell, Patalaloka was a thin layer called Shesaloka, the world of balance.

In Shesaloka where both Devas and Asuras were supposed to forget their enmity for once, had broke the decorum of the world. Fight erupted and was no longer controllable.
The Mahasakthi, the supreme power of all had to interfere.

Having disrespected the Shesaloka, the Mahasakthi banished each one of them out of the World of Balance. They were punished to strive to stay alive in whichever planet they fall into in order to respect peace.

While some had to survive in extreme conditions like being under molten rain, under water, constant strong wind, in extreme heat and the others fell onto the planet earth. As each one descended, they take up the appearance of the first person they meet. They either transformed into a good or an evil twin of the humans they meet.

Thunders burst louder, lightnings flashed closer to the earth. People were rushing back to their loved ones, to their homes. She too was fighting her way in the crowded streets to board the only bus waited at the bus stop. But she was too late, so did a few more people.

Blaming her ill fate, she headed home by foot. As she came closer to her residence, the number of people reduced to none. Rain continued with heavy wind and thunderstorms. "The world is sure to end today or sooner," she murmured, holding onto her umbrella tight.

The second she said, a jolt of electricity rushed through her body. Bright light blast in front of her. Unsteady and shaken, she crouched down covering her head with her arms.

Minutes passed by, silence prevailed and nothing worst had happened as she expected. She lifted her head only to meet two girls looking a lot like her. Flabbergasted, she fell on the wet road drenched and shocked.

"Who are you?" She asked in a whisper.

"The good and the evil twin of you." They claimed as they stand head to head with each other.

In the moment of bizarre, she stood stupified as she watch her evil lookalike battling with her good lookalike. In the battle of good and evil, the winning power would rule her life.

Who will she root for? The Good or The Evil?