Chapter 20

Lucas POV

I stared at the worm of a human being in front of me. Actually, calling him that was an insult to worms everywhere. Worms, I apologize. 

Worms are pretty cool; if we wanted to compare scum people to some sort of biological creature, why not the mosquito? 

They offer nothing to society except vampirical abilities, and a study was done that showed animals who ate them could survive without them. Yes, the being in front of me was a mosquito.

A/N I really relate to Lucas. Yay for the South and mosquitoes and horseflies and everything gross and humid!

"So, Benny." I spat his name out like it was acid, folding my arms in a hostile stance in front of his cell.

"Heard you weren't the greatest to my baby sister. Want to tell me about it?"

"Did that b!tch talk? I told her what would happen if she did. Oh, I can't wait to get ahold of her!"

I grabbed him and yanked him up against the bars. "I will go to hell with you before I let you even breathe in the same room as my little sister again." 

My seething voice caused him to shrink back in fear. I raised my fist, ready to punch him until I heard one word.

"Lucas." I released Benny and he fell to the ground like a bag of rocks. I turned toward Marcus, my eyes full of hostility.

"No matter our current feelings towards him, I think you'll agree that we need some answers before he dies." I reluctantly nodded, stepping away from the reinforced bars. 

Marcus walked towards me, gesturing to a figure in the shadows to step forward. "Is she ok, Daniel?"

"Yeah, she's asleep. Michael is keeping an ear out for her. I didn't want to get him involved in this, he's too young."

"Good. I don't want her to hear a thing down here," Marcus said grimly. "Take him out of the cell and put him in our interrogation room."

"With pleasure. Get up," I dragged Benny out of his metal box and shoved him in front of me, pushing him periodically until we reached a room with a rusty door. 

He stared fearfully at it. "What, scared of a little room?" I mocked him. 

I cuffed him to the table inside and nodded at the mirror, knowing Marcus and Daniel could see me through the two-way glass. Walking out of the room, I sent one final glare his way.

Joining Daniel in the viewing room, I glanced over at him. "You ready for this? It's going to be brutal."

His face set, he nodded. "I just want to hear this son of a b!tch scream."

We focused our attention on the scene in the interrogation room.

"So Benny, there's a couple ways we can do this," Marcus' icy voice rang out. "You can tell me everything that happened to Brooke while she was in your care, or, if that doesn't sound good to you, I could cut off every appendage you have, starting with each knuckle and ending with your d!ck. Your choice."

His eyes widened, but he managed to paste a sneer on his face. "You're lying, if you did that Brooke would never forgive you."

"Maybe not, but she doesn't know you're down here, so it doesn't matter."

"I won't say anything. You're just going to torture me anyway, so it doesn't matter whether I talk or not."

"You're right, you will be tortured either way, but the way you die is up to you. The more answers I get, the quicker you will be killed. Of course, if you lie to me, and I'll be able to tell, I'll keep you alive for weeks until you beg to die." The conviction in his voice made Benny flinch.