Chapter Fifty

Katie had invited me over so her and I could get ready. Her parents weren't home and wouldn't be until the next day.

"I thought it was just dinner."

Katie sifted through her closest, shaking her head with a grin. "Nope. We're going out for drinks, if you know what I mean." She raised a hand that signaled drunkenness. 

I stood from her bed. "I can't, Katie."

"Why? It'll be fun, plus hot guys, and tons of other stuff." She pulled a dress out from her closet. "You should definitely wear this." She handed me a skimpy dress.

"I can't." I gave it back to her.

"Come on, you have the bust for it," she sighed and went back to her closet.

"Katie-"

"We'll be fine, Violet. It's not like anything's going to happen. Here." She gave me another. It was a pale green and had soft frills on the sleeves and hem. "Your hair is good, so just put that on," she mumbled as she grabbed the skimpy one.

Slowly, I went into her bathroom and changed while she did in her bedroom. The dress hugged my frame, outlining the soft dip of my waist and curve of my hip. The bust area was tight, pushing my breast up in a flattering way. I watched in the mirror as color bloomed across my face and neck.

I felt beautiful, but I felt uncomfortable, unsafe, accessible.

Katie knocked on the door, making me jump. "Come on, we have to leave. Macy's here with her boyfriend."

I panicked. I couldn't wear this. It showed too much.

I opened the door, "Katie-"

"Oh my gosh, you look amazing!" She exclaimed. "Your hair with that color, chef's kiss." She tossed me my coat and then grabbed my hand and led me out.

"Katie, please-"

"Don't worry, V, it'll be fun. You'll love it," she smiled sweetly before opening the front door.