Chapter Five

Thank you for 400 reads!!! I didn't think this story would receive much love so thank you all.

Chapter Five

The shop was open and bustling with business as I pulled in and backed into a parking space to make a quick exit depending on how this went.

Delilah opened the glove box and the hidden compartment inside pulling out her piece which I told her she wouldn't need but just in case, she would need it. I rolled my eyes at her protective nature but knew it was always for my best interest. Taking a breath, I fixed my hair and stepped out of the car keeping calm even as a few sets of eyes looked over to me.

The sound of my heels clicking against the pavement attracted a few more onlookers and then the whistles and catcalls came as Delilah stood just two steps behind me in her heeled boots making her a few inches taller than normal height. We were met with several men wearing similar leather jackets like Opie had worn when I first met him.

"Hey!", my friendly giant snapped at one curly haired guy who was smirking at the both of us with hunger in his face. His hands were covered in oil but he was wiping them quickly as a smile broke out on his face. "She's here!"

I assumed I was the 'She' that he had been waiting for and smiled, waving at the excitement that broke out on his face.

He skipped over and gave me a hug wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

"I didn't think you would be so happy to see me. Or maybe it's the $20,000 you were so sure on me bringing?"

"With or without the money, I'd be happy to see you."

"Good answer," I joked as he finished squeezing me and stepped back.

"This is my good friend, Dee. Dee, this is Opie. I don't know if he considers me a friend or a favor," I quirked a brow knowing my limits with jokes but wanting to take another jab at my proclaimed Gentle Giant.

"She's joking," Dee spoke up for the first time before extending a hand and giving a small smile which could really be called a grimace, the way her face frowned up. "Nice to finally meet you."

A commotion was caused behind Opie before two guys, one younger with blonde hair and bloodshot red eyes and the other older with gray hair and a gruff trying to be tough exterior, walked over to us. The younger one looked hopeful as he looked from Opie to myself and Delilah.

"Alanna, this is Jax, my buddy. He's the one with the kidnapped child. The baby's only 10 months old," Opie introduced and explained the situation.

Jax extended a hand with a small smile of gratitude just for my presence. I could see he was having a terrible time getting on with his son being kidnapped. Bags under his blue eyes, red rimmed, and his hands trembled even as they wrapped around my own.

"So, you're Ope's favor from a friend? What'd you do? Lose a bet?", the older man smirked but the darkness swirling in his eyes reminded me of my own father so I didn't respond to him.

"She's a really good friend of mine. Helped me when I was dealing with Donna. Alanna, this is Clay Morrow, Jax's stepfather and owner of the shop."

My eyes roamed around before landing back on the man.

"Okay, well. I understand this is an emergency so I'll hand it over and be on my way."

"He's in Ireland. We really need to hurry up to get to him before he's lost to us," Jax spoke up wanting me to know the severity of the situation.

"If I wasn't at odds, I would have let you take the PJ. Dee?"

The sounds of clicking heels against pavement, popping of the trunk, and slamming it shut took the attention of Jax and Clay but my eyes never left Opie. He had grew out his beard a little more but it was sort of trimmed. I just smiled at him until I heard Dee clear her throat to break me from my stare.

"Your money," I gestured as Delilah opened the case to reveal the neatly stacked money all in big bills and wrapped nicely.

"Thank you," Jax whispered but I brushed it off.

His child coming home safe was all he needed to worry about.

A car horn beeped and Opie's eyes looked over and surprise lit up his face before he tried to return it to normal. I didn't think much over it but when I turned around, there stood a tall blonde looking at him like he was a piece of cake or something. My jealousy reared its head but I shook it off as Dee touched my arm and pulled me gently away from the men.

She had handed over the case to Jax and I wanted to say goodbye to Opie but he had to do his job.

"Alanna, wait!", Opie came over to the car as I was about to open my door.

He had gestured for one of the other mechanics to take his place helping the skinny white girl but she couldn't stop her gaze from finding him.

"Looks like I'm all done," I snapped in annoyance.

"Hey, hey... She's just a friend. She helps me from time to time with my kids after they lost their mom. Thank you for all your help."

I simmered down. He wasn't my man for me to control or want all to myself.

"It's okay. I'm not your girlfriend. You don't owe me anything," I shrugged.

Opie stepped into my space and I glanced up challenging him to do what I had honestly been waiting for. If he made the move, then I knew I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I had wanted his touch or a kiss for the longest.

"You're also not a whore," he joked, listing things that didn't matter. It made me smile, but for only a second. He leaned down and took my face between his giant hands and planted a big, deep passionate kiss on my lips.

My chest heaved with the excitement pumping through my veins like adrenaline as I held onto his shirt while he practically swallowed my whole face. I groaned out once our lips finally separated. My second kiss totally beat the first one.

I hadn't noticed the cheers and catcalls behind us. It made my face turn a light shade of red but I wasn't really embarrassed just caught off guard.

"Go save your friend's son. I'll be here when you get back," I smiled up at my gentle giant who looked ready to kiss me once more if I would let him. "Save all this energy for me."

Dee grabbed my arm leading me into the passenger seat as I guessed she decided to drive us to our next destination. She wanted to relax and eat something since we had been moving all day since we landed at the airport and another few hours driving over to Charming. I could use a light nap and something to drink.