Chapter Six

A/N: For all the others waiting on an update from my two previous stories. They are coming soon ! When this story reaches 10 published chapters, I'll definitely give you updates.

Chapter Six

Delilah found us a nice, comfy hotel towards the outskirts of town. She ordered us some take out from the menus that the hostess handed us along with our room key. I laid on the bed and tried to calm myself down. If I got ahead of myself, my father would definitely find me. I couldn't use anything linked to my father to help them or else I would find myself in a horrible position once again.

I took a quick shower and changed into something comfortable before grabbing one of my burner phones from out of my bags.

"I take it you're in need of a little help," Charles's deep voice spoke before I could even explain.

I sighed at the sound of his voice. It was peaceful and it used to always make me feel so safe especially when I would hide from my father and his evil doings. He would let me play with his chess set while my father raised Hell.

"Just the man I need to talk to..."

"Yeah, yeah. Don't try to sweet talk me, little one. My daughter being good to you?", he sounded genuinely concerned.

"How'd you—Oh, you sent her yourself."

"Have to keep you safe, little one. My head and hers depend on you being alive. My family has always kept yours safe and if your father even thought you were in harm's way he'd end us both."

I nodded sadly.

No matter how far I got away from the man, he still kept a piece of control over my life. He could find his way to manipulate the minds of the people I loved and were close to just by the threat of death. Boyfriends never lasted, girlfriends never lasted, friends never lasted, nannies stayed only because of his status.

I chewed my bottom lip before blowing out a breath.

"I need a PJ to Belfast tonight, if it's not too much trouble."

Charles laughed suddenly. I almost thought he was mocking me, but then I remembered how well off Charles himself was. He had a slew of homes that he called his own, heavy artillery, men at his command, and had to have collected millions from years of working alongside my dad until his retirement.

"It's never too much for you to ask, but may I ask why?"

I also remembered how he or my dad hardly ever told me NO.

"A friend of mines is searching for his friend's kidnapped kid. I wanted to extend a helping hand."

"This friend is Opie Winston?", he questioned.

Delilah joined us, fresh from the shower, just as a knock landed on the door. I quirked a brow at her as she walked over in a towel and paid the delivery guy.

"Delilah told you everything I'm assuming," I rolled my eyes as I signed some words to Delilah when she tried to play innocent.

She signed back something funny and I had to hold my breath to let her father speak.

"Yes. Gives me a personal report every week. Just let me know where I'm headed and I'm there, little one," Charles sounded like he was already on his way to whatever he needed. "And tell my daughter to stay vigilant and I love you both."

"Love you, too, Charlie."

I ended the phone call and sat up to receive the white container with my orange chicken and fried rice.

"I guess we're going to Belfast," I said picking up some chicken with my chopsticks.

Delilah gave me a look but just shrugged as if it was the most obvious option. I shook my head at her being so overprotective but I had made up my mind and now all either of us could do is let it play out.