Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A/N: Sorry for the wait!!!! I'm on vacation but I won't forget to update again :)

The days progressed slowly with me finding things to do which weren't many. I had Delilah to talk to but then we had an idea to throw a party. My aunt used to throw the biggest parties that would be talked about for years to come. Every party was bigger and better than the last.

"Please, please," I begged my aunt.

She rolled her eyes and finally gave in. I was her favorite niece, well... her only niece but still.

"I'll call my florist and caterer, you two call my DJ and stylist. I guess we're throwing the party of the century AGAIN," Genesis laughed as she went off to get on the phone.

I gave Delilah a high five since she had been a big help in persuading Aunt Genesis who loved omelets and mimosa for breakfast. Dee had took it upon herself to make breakfast for us all with her infamous omelet that nearly melted Genesis. The begging part was mine but it was only small compared to Dee's part.

"Let's invite the guys," I shrugged.

"You just want to climb a tree tonight," Dee joked but I couldn't help but blush at the thought of actually sleeping with my gentle giant.

"I'm a little bored, but not that bored, bitch!"

We joked with each other until we ended up getting on the phone with our designated parts. I thought about my outfit as I called the stylist and told her to bring their best designers and the shoes had to be six inches or more.

After I called the stylist, I went to take a hot bubble bath. The door opened and I gasped at the sight of Opie. Immediately I dropped into the water and bubbles...

A hand on my arm tugged me back to the surface and I began to cough as the bubbles burned my throat and eyes.

"What- are you- doing here?!", I squeaked out.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm not going to drown. I used to swim as a sport," I joked taking the towel he extended to me to clean my face and eyes from the water dripping all over me. "I look a mess, I know."

"I'm sorry, but she told me it was okay..."

"It is," I moved out of the tub and wrapped the towel around myself. "My aunt got it from my dad as a birthday present."

I went into the closet and pulled on a red jogging set and some sneakers to be comfortable until the party was near and I could transform into a sexy temptress.

"This house is crazy. Are you going to finally tell me what line of work you are in?"

I went quiet as the thought of exposing my truth just sounded like the worst thing right now. I finally left the closet and stared at my gentle giant. It made me want to open up about these secrets of my family.

"Um, I really wanted this to be—damn, I...", I began to stumble over my words but a big commotion broke my thoughts up even further.

Delilah came into the room with a look of horror on her face. She had a piece in her hand, and she quickly moved across the room to shut the curtains.

"Is there another way out besides the window?", she spoke quietly but harshly like I hadn't been moving quick enough for her liking.

"Bookshelf on the right," I remembered as Opie looked between the two of us like we had lost our minds. "Dee, what's going on?"

"Your father is here!"

The blood in my body turned cold as I got into gear. My whole body moved off instinct and fear for the worse. Opie didn't know what was wrong with that statement, but he could see our faces were filled with something and the determination to get out without being found kind of clued him in.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Very," Dee whispered as she checked the hall for anyone before locking the door.

"I need to warn my Club," he snapped as he unlocked the door but Delilah held him back for a second finding him a piece and handing it to him. "Don't trust anyone, but don't pull that unless you intend to shoot."

He gave me a look, but I just shook my head and turned to find the entrance to the secret hallway to get out of the room.

My father wouldn't harm them unless he knew of our affiliation. This was the best way to prevent him from being targeted by my sick, sadistic father.

Plus, the people should be arriving to set up the party.

"Alanna, come down. He knows you're here," my aunt's voice came through the speaker set up in the room. It reminded me of hotel service, but it pissed me off to know that this obviously was a set up. She knew what was coming and the party plans were just a distraction for me even though it had been my idea.

"She set me up," I shook my head and laughed incredulously at the thought. It wasn't even a shock to not trust people anymore. They gave me no reason to.

"I thought she is your aunt?"

Opie gave me another look. I just shrugged before finally realizing there was no way out of this. I wouldn't be able to hide any longer.

Delilah shook her head at me.

"You get out of here," I told her.

"I'm not going anywhere, Lanna. I'll take a bullet for you, sis. We're in this together."

Pulling my hair back into a bun, I grabbed my own piece and started for the door. I knew those two were going to follow me down into the pits of Hell, but it just felt wrong to have them do it. My father was extremely ruthless and letting Delilah go into this being that she was first my bodyguard, but Opie would witness the devil incarnate.

"Lord, please get us out of this mess," I whispered softly as I headed out and into the hall.