Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

You deserve it. - Author 

Disclaimer: I do not know any Italian, so I apologize if it's not accurate. Still enjoy!

"Babbo, compiacere! Non farlo... Non ha fatto nulla di male!" * "Father, please! Don't do this... She did nothing wrong."

My father slowly released her hair and she gasped in a few gulps of air. I outstretched my hand in a gesture of surrender. My acting skills were a little rusty but I had to play this right or people I cared about were going to die tonight.

I was made aware of Opie, also tied to a chair with a look of murder on his face. He was bruised as well but he didn't look as fazed. I gave him a look but he just shook his head. I wanted to apologize to him because he didn't know anything about this before he decided to get close to me.

My aunt was nowhere to be found. It was just like her to leave a mess behind when she did something that she regretted. She did it to my mother when she left her to marry my father just for the money and power. It got her so many perks but their relationship had gotten rocky after my aunt said something that was unforgivable.

I was her niece and I believed she loved me, but she loved the perks of our relationship. If she looked like she loved me, my father would dish out money to support her habits of extravagant parties, nice houses, clothes, and whatever else pleased her.

"Mi deludi, mia dolce ragazza. Avevo grandi sogni per te. Ma no... Volti le spalle a ogni sacrificio che abbia mai fatto. Quindi lo chiedo adesso... Che è morto oggi?" *You disappoint me, my sweet girl. I had big dreams for you. But no... You turn your back on every sacrifice I made for you. So I'm asking now... Who dies today?"

The urge to throw up, as my father walked over to pour himself a drink as his men pointed guns at people who truly loved me, was very strong. I felt tears fill my eyes while the men made themselves look as devilish as the smirk that my father wore. They could never scare me but the situation brought fear to my heart.

A daughter.

I wish that was enough to stop my cruel father from harming these two people before me.

"Take me," my chin trembled as my heart began to break. I would never be free from the monster who saw me as a chess piece. Control...

He wanted me to marry a man like him. A mobster who had his hands around the necks of men more powerful than him. A man who would ultimately "provide for and protect me". I was so fucking stupid to think I was allowed to think and feel like for one second that I had power over my own life.

The men looked to my father for answers, but I didn't wait for them. I removed the gun from my waist band and took the safety off as I raised it to my head.

"I said, Take me! Let them go..."

My father took a sip of his Scotch as if it was just another day. He waved at the men. They dropped their guns from Opie and Delilah's head. I started counting. It was just a moment but could I really take my own life?

"Please don't."

Opie pleaded with his words and eyes as ours connected. He looked like he knew the feeling and understood why it needed to be done but he shook his head in disagreement. I, again, felt bad for bringing him into this mess.

"Put the gun down, Alanna. No need for dramatics."

"DUCK!", Delilah screamed, and I fell to the ground as bullets came flying through the large windows shattering the glass.

My father's men were hit and I didn't know if Delilah or Opie were in danger but a few more moments of the gunshots made me scared for their safety. I got behind the chaise that they had me laid out on and tried to find the nearest exit. A hand tapped my foot.

"Stay low but be careful of the glass," Delilah yelled over the loud gunshots.

I nodded and turned back to find the exit. My eyes caught sight of my father by the desk clutching his side but also clutching his favorite gun. He pointed it at me for a second before his face scrunched in pain.

We made it out of the study and into the foyer.

"What's going on?", I asked Dee.

"My dad. I called him as soon as I noticed your dad's people coming. He said he could be here in 45 minutes so I tried to stall us out until he could make it. Didn't anticipate you trying to kill yourself, but hey, can't predict everything."

I rolled my eyes but ran over to Opie to check him for any significant bruises or wounds that were fatal. He shook his head and just gave me a hug to comfort me. I needed it especially as my nerves had me on edge.

"Get in the car. She'll explain everything on our drive out. Contact your people and tell them to watch out."

We looked at each other and then snapped out of it.

It was far from over.

My father wasn't going down easily. Plus I knew Delilah's father wouldn't go far as killing my father especially with their history. He did make for a good escape plan though. I'd have to call and thank him for his help.

Plus I needed him to take out my fucking aunt. The betrayal was very weird and everything she had coming was going to come very, very soon.

"I didn't know you could speak Italian," Opie wondered as we finally got into my aunt's Porsche Macan and Delilah took off like a bat out of Hell.

"Please, don't hate me," I started before I took his hand in my own and began telling my story up until the moment I met him.

It was never going to be long story short for me.