Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Sorry again for the inconsistency! I'm trying to do better.

-Author

The first thing I ran across was an armed man speaking fluid Italian into an earpiece, my first and only instinct was to shoot. I did and his body fell to the ground as he shouted out in pain. We moved quietly but quickly as I knew the sound would draw someone's attention especially since they were all connected by those earpieces.

Dee took the front as she gestured for me to keep quiet and move slower. It wasn't as effective as running but the sound of our feet hitting the floor would let them know exactly where we were.

A room door opened and out stepped another man who held a pistol with a silencer, but just the same... Delilah took him out quickly and another shot fired from inside the room making her grasp her arm tightly. A yelp of pain made me know she was hurt but she shook her head and kept moving.

"I'll go ahead. You guys, go!", Opie spoke up and I was so worried about my friend that I didn't think about anything else than her being okay. "GO!"

I took Delilah's hand and maneuvered her into a closet to check the damages. She was bleeding heavily but it wasn't a vital vein that had been hit. She grit her teeth as she clamped her hand back over the wound. I glanced around and noticed the linens.

Reaching into her shoe to grab the handy dandy knife she kept there always, I cut a linen and wrapped it tightly around her arm before tying it as gingerly as possible after putting pressure on it.

"Let's get this over with," I huffed out in annoyance.

"There is no over, Lanna. You either do as he says or he kills us and locks you away in the highest tower with no key. What do you want to do? Give up or go hard," Delilah snapped me out of the misery I had begun to feel. My stomach was turning with the bloodbath that had already started.

I've killed men before. I've had bad men think I was weak and tried to take advantage of me but I'd never had to fight against my own father for the freedom I so desperately wanted.

"Fuck," I whispered.

I picked my gun back up and stared at my friend.

"Let's do this..."

After we got out of the closet, I rushed the stairs but before I could make it someone grabbed ahold of my waist and put a hand over my mouth. I screamed and kicked but the hand pressed something to my mouth which smelled odd. My eyes slowly began to close, and I felt myself slump forward despite my fight to stay awake.

"Alanna!", Delilah's screams faded out as darkness closed in on me.

When I came to, I was laid out on a couch with a blanket thrown over me. I sat up and took several deep breaths but my head was pounding for some odd reason. My memory of what happened was so vague and flashy that I couldn't grasp it completely as I tried to think back.

"She's awake," a familiar voice spoke and he chuckled darkly as his hands clapped together bringing my attention over to the noise. "Good, I don't have to kill you Theo."

My father's cruel statement made the man behind him stand a little straighter and his blue eyes filled with panic at the thought of me not waking up.

"Beautiful girl, I see your old lapdog found you again," my father gestured to Delilah who was tied to a chair with a look of pure hate on her face. She sported a few bruises that weren't there before and her arm was bleeding through the cloth now. "She's been naughty so Daddy had to teach her a lesson... I wonder if she had learned it or do I have to—"

He pulled her by her hair making her neck snap back and a whimper of pain came from her bloody lips.

"Stop! It's me! It's me you want", I screamed throwing off the blanket to stand.

I stared into the sadistic eyes of my father as he smirked at the begging and pleading. He didn't give a fuck about me. He liked to see me in pain and hurting people that I loved was his one way of making me bend to his will. My mother, the cold bitch, was never a soft spot for me but my maids, my drivers, my guards, and anyone who showed me kindness and sparked up a genuine interest in a conversation were giving my deepest gratitude.

That's why he used Delilah and her father to break me when I wanted to leave. It's the reason I didn't want to ask for their help because he would reach out and break any bonds that I had created just to hurt me.