Ch2 Apartment Troubles

(This will heavily reference House Hunted 2 by Mortisfox and maybe House Hunted also by Mortisfox. Only the OC is mine.)

-THESE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS TAKE PLACE TWO YEARS BEFORE ROSE MEETS MAISON-

 A coughing filled the air as the greyhorse bus pulled away from the station with a growl from its engine blowing up smoke as it drove off.  It continued down the street before turning around a corner. Leaving the smell of smoke and oil in the air.

"Ugh. This is why I don't like the old models." She shook her head and waved a hand in front of her face to help disperse the foul smell from her nose. "Right then. I should be close to my house. But first thing's first. I'm starving."

Normal Business District. The place where she was going to be staying while on the waiting list for the housing department to find an actual house for her. Admittedly not the most ideal situation but she was sure she was going to be patient. She understood it took a while and she was sure her temporary apartment was going to be fine. However for now she was hungry so she was going to look for a restaurant before heading over to her temporary new home. Couldn't walk around on an empty stomach and she knew the address anyways so finding it later shouldn't be a problem. Grabbing her suitcase in one hand, she began walking away from the bus station and into the town ahead of her. 

It was your typical busy small town with your typical wife variety of stores and various other businesses. 'Normal Business District' as it was called due to just how many companies were established here and how so many stores were opening up shop here constantly. Although she knew some of them were definitely far from 'normal'. It was just a matter of keeping your eyes open...Or in her case one eye. On the surface any normal person wouldn't think twice when looking at all these things. A local clothing store. A bar. There was a few convience stores. Maybe a grocery store here and there. Throngs of people walked around her not even batting an eye at her. Cars of all kinds honked and drove up and down streets. Your typical thriving town area. It was something that was a blessing compared to the tense aura that she used to be in. With a deep inhale she was able to sniff out her target nearby. The smell of hard brewed coffee and various food smells wafted towards her from the air. Ah! A restaurant of some kind was nearby. Perfect timing. She was starving. Smiling and increasing her strides she quickened her pace and headed towards the source of the smells.

She was eventually able to locate the cafe when she turned a corner and there it was across the street. It was small and quant and the smell of coffee wafted out strongly every time someone opened it's door either to go in or out of the cafe. From the large glass windows she could already see a few people inside eating the delicious food. Perfect. Smiling she made her way across the street. She had just made it across the street and a few yards from the cafe's doors when a sentence caught her ear.

"And you're sure this person WAS from the housing department and not just someone who called themselves a realtor or real estate agent?"

She stopped in her tracks pausing at the sentence before turning her head to the right and finding a sight. A petite woman was standing just a few feet away from her talking to a man. Long dark brown hair was thrown over her shoulder in a braid and brown eyes focused in concentration as she scribbled something down on a clipboard she carried. A red sweater and black skirt was her outfit. After she finished writing down whatever it was she was writing, she looked back to the man, seemed to thank him, and then looked around her. Her eyes locked with hers as she still stared and with a smile the strange woman approached.