Ch6 Maison Meets Heim

(Art is by me. Also this chapter will probably be a lot shorter than the others.)

The day was beautiful. Sun was shining. Sky was clear except for fluffy clouds. It wasn't too hot or too cold.  A nice wind was blowing through the air. Yes. A perfect day for doing some more work on the garden she wanted. Her flower beds could wait a little longer because today she wanted to at least set up the giant vegetable garden she wanted to get going behind her house. She already had the equipment she needed to get it done. Rose breathed in a deep breath of fresh morning air as she stepped out the door and turned her head only to catch a certain REALTOR just stepping down his own driveway.

"Good morning, Maison!," Rose called out and waved at him as he turned in question. "Heading out again?"

He blinked before smiling widely. "But of course! As the number one REALTOR I need to stay on top of things! After all a day's work is never done!" He then tilted his head at her. "And is my dear provider heading to work also?"

She shook her head. "Nah. I'm actually working on my garden today! I haven't had a lot of time to start it so I figured today would be perfect."

"Ah! Gardening! Truly a worthwhile past time!" She briefly wondered if he thought that because he himself was a plant like creature or because he assumed she was growing him food? Maison nodded before turning away. "Then I shall leave you alone to enjoy such activities."

She chuckled as he left. "Alright. But remember Ivy said you're not allowed to hang around the bus stations anymore!" She called after him. 

He only waved a hand behind him as he continued to walk away from her. Rose sighed and shook her head. REALTORS were going to do as they pleased she guessed. She only hoped he wouldn't do anything to get himself or her in trouble. But for now she would focus on what she's  been wanting to do for a long time now. The first thing she did was grab a tiller she borrowed again from work (this time actually asking) and tilled the entire area that she wanted to make into a garden area. That way it'd be easier to rake out all the weeds and their roots. She was in the middle of pulling clumps of old grass and roots with a pitchfork when a new voice caught her attention.

"Heya pal!" She nearly jumped the pitchfork in shock and snapped her head up to a figure who just welcomed himself to walk around her house and into her backyard. A wide smiling fugure waddled his way into the yard huffing and puffing a little. "Looks like I finally found ya! Got lost a few times walking around this place."

Rose blinked before smiling widely and placed her pitchfork down for a moment. "Heim! Hello! I wasn't expecting you today! What are you doing here?"

He wheezed a few times regaining his breath before giving a smile again. "Figured I'd come over and see you for once while I was out anyways but boy did I underestimate how far I'd have to walk.  It was a pain in my gutters finding your house lemme tell ya."

She giggled again at him. "Aw. You came all the way just to visit me? How sweet of you. Unfortunately Im a bit busy laying down the foundation work for my garden. But if you'd like you can go rest in one of the lawn chairs while I finish up and then we can hang out." Rose pointed out a wooden lawn chair close by. "It shouldn't take more than another hour or two and you could use a rest. Plus I don't want your lure cord caught up in the tiller."