Ch7 Riot On REALTORS

(Warnings: Maison gets beaten a bit, he's bleeding red sap, he's a bit roughed up and mentioning of REALTORS getting burnt, hurt, and killed. Mentioning of death. Art is by me. Art is inspired by the art Mortisfox originally drew of Maison linked below.

https://twitter.com/mortisfox/status/1642430615881646082)

"The Valley has officially gone insane. Well more insane than what it is already."

She couldn't believe what she had been hearing on the news lately. Turns out the recent REALTOR problem had just shifted in an entirely new and dangerous direction. Apparently all the snatching up the REALTORS had been doing had finally culminated into something much worse. There was a riot going on against REALTORS. There's been reports of house fires and acts of arson on the news and from what Ivy told her, most of them were the main bodies of REALTORS or houses that people thought were REALTORS. So far there's been at least seven deaths, and all of them had been REALTORS. She was appalled, absolutely disgusted by the actions of these people. A few bad REALTORS shouldn't warrant a full out war of all REALTOR kind!! What was wrong with these people?! Despite Ivy assurances that they were working hard on it all and would be able to fix the problem shortly,  Rose wasn't too sure.

"Don't you worry. The Mayor and his people has dealt with a lot worse problems than this if you can believe it. We once had half a town swamped with regular guy hairballs and it took us nearly a whole year to sort it out. We're close to cutting this problem down by the roots. You just keep an eye out for the REALTORS You're in charge of if you can. If you seen anything even slightly suspicious, call us immediately."

That still had her scared a lot however. The first thing she did was immediately call Him and warm him about the dangers and to make sure he was alright. Thankfully Heim had no qualms with just staying home and taking cover until this whole thing blew over. And Rose made him PROMISE her that'd he'd call her if anything happened and he'd keep himself hidden as much as possible if he had to go out for any reason. So Rose didn't have to worry about him too much. He'd mostly stay home and any food he'd need would be delivered by him. Maison however...

"Can't you at least stay home for a FEW days?! Just until this blows over!"

Rose had caught Maison walking out ready to go out again no doubt to try and round up more 'buyers' as usual as she was going outside to set up the new bird bath she wanted in the front yard. She instantly jumped up to catch up to him and try to talk him out of it but of course he resisted. In fact Maison outright refused to listen to her worries.

A hand patted her head as he smiled wider at her. "Ah. My dear provider. It's reassuring to know that you are worried about my health, but surely you wouldn't think I'd let those barbarians scare me out of working as I always do."

"It's not about your work!" She said firmly reaching out to grab his hand firmly. "It's about your safety, Maison! Ivy said they found most of them and where they are and who they are but you going around introducing yourself as a literal REALTOR to people is a dead giveaway! You might as well just paint a giant bullseye on your house and shout come and get me! I'm..scared. Ok? I don't want to see you hurt or WORSE!"

He paused for a good moment before sighing and smiling wider. "Ah. I understand you're concern, but I will be fine. I've been doing this for far longer than they've been rioting like bigots. As the number one REALTOR it'll take more than a few threats to stop me. I assure you I'll be fine."