Chapter 6

Kairi's POV:

Kairi's POV:

When we get into the dining room, I first notice the extravagant decorations on display in the middle of the table. I take the spare seat between Luffy and Nami, ready for what is going to be served as I am starving. I just hope I like whatever it is as I've never had fancy human food before.

Sham came around and placed a dish in front of everyone and on it was some fancily cooked fish. I don't mind it but I was hoping for something new. The only thing to eat under the sea is fish or sea plants even when I was travelling with the pirates, the easiest thing to eat was fish because you can catch it fresh daily.

As Sham came in with the last plate of fish for Nami, Zoro passed her an empty bottle of wine and asked her to bring in another as he had already finished one. She gave the last dish to Nami but everyone else had already started to dig in to their food.

"I'd love to try the fish tonight." Kaya says to Sham but Klahadore interrupts.

"I'm sorry, Miss Kaya, but that is not possible." He tells her.

"Maybe just a small piece?" She asks, just wanting something a little different.

"Now, you know that certain foods can affect your constitution." Klahadore tells her, but he just seems to be a controlling dick. "Here, Buchi has prepared your special soup." He tells her and Buchi placed a suspiciously coloured soup in front of Kaya.

"Kaya, it's your birthday. You should be able to eat what you want." Nami says, not understanding why she can't eat what she wants to. She is basically the boss of all of them.

"Miss Kaya's medical condition necessitates that I closely monitor her dietary needs." Klahadore says to Nami.

"Does it mean you also speak for her?" Nami asks, not liking the way he is acting.

"But why is it blue?" I ask, wanting to know more about the suspicious colour. What vegetable or anything would make a soup blue.

"Excuse me?" Klahadore says, seemingly thrown off by my question.

"It's a weird colour for a soup so what causes the colour?" I ask.

"Um...well...uh..." 

"I'll take her fish." Luffy speaks up as Klahadore stuttered trying to find an answer.

"Luffy, isn't there something that you wanted to talk to Kaya about?" Usopp says, trying to change the subject as the tension was palpable.

"Oh, yes! Usopp told me that you own the whole shipyard." Luffy excitedly says.

"Well, actually my parents founded the shipyard, and Merry's been running the business since...well, since they passed." She tells us as Merry lifted his glass in honour of his late friends. "But all of that's about to change. Tonight, at midnight, I will become the sole owner." She tells us.