Chapter 19

Kairi's POV:

Kairi's POV:

Sanji and I made it up to the ship with a basket filled with everything Zeff asked for. Neither of us had any idea why he needs a yellowtail but I'm a little excited to see how it will help. Stuff like this has always intrigued me.

"Are you kidding? He needs a doctor." Nami says as we walk back into the room.

"Do you wanna save your swordsman friend or not?" Zeff asks, taking the cloth off Zoro's wound.

He walks over to where Sanji and I are unpacking the basket and he takes out the yellowtail and starts to cut it up.

"Is that to sterilize the wounds?" Usopp asks when he sees the bottle of whiskey.

"Hell, no. That'd be a waste of really good liquor." Zeff says, opening the bottle and taking a swig.

"Beautiful." He says as he looks at the yellowtail and pulls out a knife.

I stand beside Sanji and watch as Zeff cuts the fish and peels off the skin before placing it onto a tray.

I didn't realise Sanji had placed a hand around my waist until Zeff called him over to help stitch up Zoro and I felt the loss of his warmth.

"Needle." Zeff says and Sanji hands it to him.

"Fish skin." Zeff says after he has finished stitching up Zoro's wound. Sanji hands him the skin, piece by piece as Zeff lays it over the top of the stitches.

"This is an old seaman's trick. The fish skin helps staunch the wounds and heals the flesh a lot faster." Zeff tells us.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Usopp asks.

"Look, I'm not gonna lie to you. He's lost a lot of blood. It might be too late for him." Zeff tells us, not wanting to give us false hope.

"But it might not be." Luffy says, ever the optimist.

"He's got one foot in each world right now, caught between life and death. You have to find a way to keep him tethered to our world. Talk to him. Tell him stories. Sing him sea shanties for all I care. He may not reply, but at least he'll know his crew are still with him." Zeff tells us before he leaves.

We all shout our thanks to his retreating form but Sanji stays behind with us.

"Need any more help?" He asks.

"We need to get him somewhere more comfortable." I say.

"We can take him to my room." Nami says and we all agree.

Together we lift him up, being careful of his wounds, and carefully walk down to Nami's room. Once he's on the bed we all stand around his bed, wanting him to know we are all here for him.

One by one we start to file out of the room, leaving just Luffy in there, knowing that he wants to talk to him.

Sanji and I head back upstairs into the kitchen to clean everything up and make something for everyone to eat.