Chapter 16

Kairi's POV:

Kairi's POV:

We spent the next hour talking about our lives and just getting to know one another, Sanji grabbed a drink but I decided to stick with my water, someone had to take care of the crew when they were drunk and then hungover. As we were talking I realised that I've never felt so comfortable with someone so quickly but with Sanji it was different. It was like I had known him my whole life. 

Sadly, we were interrupted when Luffy came back into the kitchens with a trolley filled with dishes.

"Hey, chore boy, how's that dish pile coming along?" Sanji calls over to Luffy.

"Never seems to get any smaller." He says.

"The old man's a real piece of work. Bet you regret giving him that IOU." Sanji says, fiddling with his lighter.

"I don't really do regret. No point in looking back." Luffy says.

"Lucky you. Sometimes, when I try to look ahead, all I see is back." Sanji says.

"You have dreams, though." I say, wanting him to know that he doesn't have to stay here. He can try to make his dreams come true.

"Oh, hey Kairi. What are you doing back here?" Luffy says.

"You two know each other?" Sanji asks, pointing between me and Luffy. 

"Yeah, you served us remember." I say to Sanji and he nods his head remembering that Luffy and I were at the same table.

"How long have you been a waiter?" Luffy asks out of curiosity.

"Not a waiter. I'm a cook. Best one in the East Blue. Not that it matters. As long as the old man's in charge, I'm banned from the line." Sanji says.

"That's how we got in here." I tell Luffy, referring to when Sanji said he was a cook.

"You're the one that said I invited you?" Sanji asks, looking over to me.

"Yeah..." I say with a nervous smile, hoping he didn't mind.

"Good play." Sanji says with a bright smile and a little laugh.

"But that's not fair. That meal you cooked was incredible." Luffy tells him.

"The True Bluefin Sauté?"

"Yeah." Luffy says.

"You tried it?"

"Yeah, of course I did. I couldn't help myself. I didn't think the food here could get any better. You know, you're a really good cook." Luffy says as he walks over to where me and Sanji are sitting. "Why is Zeff making you wait tables?"

"'Cause he's jealous. I should be running this place, but the old man's so stubborn, it'll never happen." Sanji says.

"So that's your dream. To be head chef of the Baratie." Luffy says, leaning on an oven.