|| Chapter 10 ||

The autobots were gathered around each other as something played on the large rock wall, from a projector Cade has, he was holding a drone in his hands that he had used earlier for several missions of his.

"The drone I stole recorded footage of an Autobot raid." Cade informed them.

What showed on the projection was Ratchet being attacked, Cade being sat within Drift's alternate mode which was a blue Bugatti Brand Sports Vitesse.

"It's in pieces, but watch what happens here." Cade said.

The video kept playing, showing one of the Wreckers, Leadfoot, getting attacked by humans.

"Oh, that's Leadfoot." Hound commented on his Wrecker brethren.

"They rip him apart." Cade informed them.

"Savages." Hound sighed, taking off his cap and putting it to his chest in respect for Leadfoot's death, his head dipping.

"And later, this truck comes to haul him off. KSI. Kinetic Solutions. Defence, aerospace, government contracts. They designed this drone." Cade explained, holding up the drone.

"So these government guys just hunt you down and then pass you off to this KSI?" Shane asked, Optimus getting up, yet again towering over anyone in his relative area which definitely wasn't new for the Autobots and you.

Eventually, you get used to being short in his presence.

"I wonder if they'd put me in some sort of animal cage to be eaten." You shrugged, it being a thought you blurted out.

"I hope you're eaten by maggots." Crosshairs deadpanned.

"I hope you're eaten by a Scraplet." You rolled your eyes.

"Hey!" Crosshairs shot you a glare, his cockney accent rather noticeable.

"The company is headquartered in Chicago, that could be where they were taken." Cade told them, ignoring you and Crosshairs small insults.

"No way to get inside without a battle." Hound said, waving around his bullet that he was smoking.

"Well, what if you had some human help?" Cade asked, stepping out of the blue Cybertronian who was still in alt mode.

"What, are you two partners now?" Tessa asked, looking over.

"That's Y/n's thing." Shane commented.

"Sadly." You sighed.

"Sweetie, we're targets now, too. We need to know why or we'll never get our lives back." Cade said, looking over at her sternly.

"Autobots, I have sworn to never kill humans." Optimus started.

"Big mistake." Hound chimed in, muttering to himself.

"But when I find out who's behind this, he's going to die." Optimus deadpanned.

"Anyone wanna start making hitlists?" You asked, shrugging as you looked around.

\/ Scene Swap \/

Hound, transformed into a Oshkosh transport, was in his alt mode driving around on the open road with Drift, Bee, Crosshairs and Optimus. Crosshairs, transformed into a green 2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Stingray was driving beside Optimus.

You were sat in Optimus' alt mode, feet up near the steering wheel as you were leaned back in the drivers seat.

"Y/n, you're going to dirty yourself." Optimus deadpanned through the radio, his alt mode still accelerating into faster speeds.

"And hiding out a year or two in a desert isn't me dirtying myself everyday of my life?" You asked playfully, tilting your head as you put a foot over the other.

"Y/n." Optimus warned you sternly.

"Optimus Prime." You shot back in the same exact tone.

Optimus went dead silent, and simply kept driving, sounds of his engine revving a little bit when you matched his tone being the only thing you could hear.

You grinned a little, though it wasn't too noticeable to anyone if they weren't paying attention to you all that much.

\/ Scene Swap - Not Putting The Mini Scene And Lines \/

You were sat on Bee's shoulder, watching Shane and Tessa walk inside of an old building that you and the autobots have made to be like some sort of home.

"Hey, I found a whole bunch of boxes of clothes. So, sweetie, you can get some long pants, nice, loose-fitting ones and lose the short shorts, okay? What'd you guys get?" Cade asked, pointing to her shorts and then to the bags.

She dumped a bag of several things on the long table Cade was sat at.

"You guys are almost like actual thief's." You snorted.

Tessa rolled her eyes at you before setting down a large container in front of Cade, it was white and green with quite a lot of writing.

"It's protein." Tessa said.

"Look, I said the essentials, okay?" Cade asked, holding up the container.

"It wasn't easy. We almost got caught." Tessa sighed, setting more things on the container.

Cade looked over at shane who set down mouthwash and adjusted his sunglasses before looking back at Cade.

"You stole mouthwash?" Cade asked.

"I like to be fresh when I'm making out with your daughter." Shane shrugged.

"That's funny." Cade frowned.

He grabbed the bottle and chucked it across the place, Drift, Bee and you looking over, watching it fall on the ground and break.

"I don't remember my father or mother being that overprotective when I came home and told them I had a 28 foot tall alien truck for a boyfriend." You commented, bee buzzing at you and nodding a little, trying to recall the moment when he was in the garage and you had told them that you were in a romantic relationship with the autobot leader.

"Yeah, that's not happening ever." Cade said to shane. 

"Ever?" Tessa laugher a little.

Cade simply gave her an unamused look before sighing and looking away, back at the other things they had got from the place they had stole from.

"Sometimes I do wonder how much sanity your parents had to keep their cool when they figured out that you had romantic ties with Sensei." Drift hummed, looking over at you passively, you looking up at him.

"Or even Sam. I've held a relationship with an autobot longer than he did with his own goddamn species." You grinned.

Bee hit you on the back with his servo, rolling his optics at you in annoyance for insulting your dead brother like that before going back to what he was doing, which was simply observing the place and the three new humans.

"Am I wrong?" You asked defensively, looking at Drift for any second opinion, though he simply looked at you before looking away, not coming to your defence for this one.