Chapter Twelve

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” ― Confucius

     Saturday night was surprisingly something completely different than I had planned for. I was planning on going home after four with Lacey and watch movies for the rest of the night, but we ended up hanging out with Seamoore and Casper for the rest of the night.

     Willy had closed up the shop at three, which meant we had to leave. He had said he was meeting up with a couple of old friends. We had said good bye to him and then walked back to the café, Casper following us, talking animatedly with Seamoore, who was being friendly with Casper… Well Seamoore’s type of friendly; which means not swearing at him or arguing.

    Lacey was listening to what Casper and Seamoore were talking about contributing to the conversation every now and then.  I wasn’t really listening, just thinking about nothing, actually. My bad mood had left shortly after Lacey and mine’s performance and I was now just enjoying the company of everyone.

     When we arrived to the café, Lacey and I walked right up to the counter and placed everyone’s orders while Seamoore and Casper went to go find an empty table. It was pretty busy it being Saturday night. With the drinks done we headed to the very back of the café, balancing the drinks in our hands while walking in between tables.

     Seamoore and Casper had been lucky enough to get a booth; we had more privacy than what we would have had at a table.  Seamoore was sitting across from Casper, so I slid in next to Seamoore and Lacey next to Casper. I putting Seamoore’s drink in front of him and Lacey giving Casper his, we settled in.

     “You were a pretty good dancer,” Lacey said to Seamoore.

     “Thanks,” he shrugged, taking a sip of his cappuccino, “I’d say the same to you, but I wouldn’t know.”

    “Thanks,” she said, making a popping sound with her lips and looking away.

     Seamoore was just so charming, wasn’t he? I guess he’s said worse.

     “So what do you guys want to do after this?” Casper asked, changing the subject.

     “Nothing, we can just stay here the rest of the night,” Seamoore grumbled.

     “Did you have something else in mind?” I asked, ignoring Seamoore.

     “Well there’s this costume store a little ways uptown and they’re having a photo booth there tonight, so I thought it’d be kind of fun to go…” he trailed off.

      “Sounds like a lot of fun!” I said enthusiastically.

     “Yeah, let’s go,” Lacey said, with just as much enthusiasm.

     Casper smiled, and we all turned to Seamoore waiting for him to say that he wanted to go too. He just kept his face turned towards the window, acting like we weren’t even there.

     “What do you think, Sea?” Casper asked.

     “I don’t want to,” he mumbled.

     “Then we’ll go without you,” Lacey growled.

     “Fine, have fun.”

     “Come one we can’t go without him,” I reasoned, “it’d be like ditching him.”

     “So?” she raised her eyebrows at me.

     “She’s right. It’d be mean if we left without him,” Casper said to her, softly, “we can just do something else. It’s going to be there again next weekend anyways.”