Chapter Sixteen

“We need other people who will call forth what is most beautiful in us, just as we need to call forth what is most beautiful in others.” –Jean Vanier

    “Look all I need you to do is bring Seamoore to Willy’s at two tomorrow afternoon.” I was beyond annoyed with Casper. For the past fifteen minutes I had been trying to explain to him that tomorrow I was throwing a surprise party, along with Dolly, for Seamoore’s twentieth birthday. Casper didn’t seem to understand that it was a surprise.

      “So you want me to bring him to Willy’s tomorrow afternoon at two?” he asked.

     “Yes! And don’t tell him that there’s a party. We want to surprise him!” I exclaimed, hopeful that he had finally understood what I had been trying to tell him.

     “So you want me to pick up ice cream or something on the way with him? Maybe ask him what color streamers he wants?”

     I groaned loudly in frustration, not bothering to hide my annoyance. This was the fifth time we’d been over this and he kept saying the same thing every single time. How stupid was he?

     “Chill, Cel,” Casper chuckled at the other end of the line. “I know what a surprise party is. Don’t worry your secret is safe with me, but I don’t think that Seamoore is really going to like this.”

     I let out a sigh of relief, but I still felt angry with him for teasing me like that. “He’ll get over it. He should enjoy his birthday. It’s not going to be a huge party anyways. Just you, Dolly, Willy, Lacey and Me.”

    Casper sighed at the other end. “Alright. I’ll bring him to Willy’s tomorrow at two. Don’t get your hopes up that he’ll be really excited about this though. He might say some really mean things and hurt your feelings… he won’t mean them… completely.”

      “I know, Casper.”

      When Dolly and I had planned this whole thing we both knew we were taking a risk that he wouldn’t appreciate the efforts. We were fine with it. The main point of this party was to just show Seamoore that we were all his friends.

     Lacey had been excited at the idea of a party even though she wasn’t that fond of Seamoore she still loved to throw a party. She had agreed to make the cake for the party and any other cooking. Dolly was bringing Seamoore’s present and I was in charge of decorations.  Even though he wouldn’t be able to see them it was the thought that counts.

     “So I’ll see you later?” Casper asked.

     “Probably.” I looked at my watch and saw I had to meet Seamoore in fifteen minutes and I still hadn’t gotten out of my pajamas and showered.

     “I’ll see you then. Bye.”

     I hung up and jumped out of bed. I did a quick once over of myself in the mirror and scrunched my nose in distaste. My hair was a mess and I had forgotten to take my make up off last so mascara was streaked down my face.

     Groaning I threw open my closet and started whipping through the racks looking for something to wear. Nothing looked appealing so I settled on an old hoodie and blue jeans. It’s not like Seamoore ever wanted to go anywhere fancy.

     After a quick shower, and a massive towel drying to my long hair, I did a quick combing of my hair. And ran out the door. I didn’t even bother with make up today. I didn’t have time to make myself look decent. Seamoore couldn’t see me anyways.

    I ran downstairs and grabbed an apple from the bowl on the kitchen counter. I threw my purse over my shoulder, scooped my keys out of the dish, and ran out the front door, slamming it behind me. It was pouring outside, much to my dismay. Making a dash to my car which was parked on the driveway, I only became partially drenched.