ร𝓔︎V︎𝓔︎𝓷

SO, this movie was released 4th, but it comes 1st in chronological order, because it's the first movie in the prequel trilogy, which comes before the original trilogy, even though this trilogy was released second," Peter explains.

    "That is... so needlessly complicated. So, that makes this movie one, then?"

    "No, this is episode one."

    "I thought they were movies."

    "They are. But they're called episodes."

    "And here I thought it couldn't get any more complicated," you say flatly.

    "The full name is Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace."

    "Damn."

    He grins at your expression before pressing play. You open your root beer and take a sip, deciding that even if their numbering and naming systems are extremely confusing, you're going to give the movies — no, the episodes — a chance. Peter's face lit up when he was explaining the series to you, and it lights up again as he watches the opening text do that crawling thingy across the screen. And, honestly? It's... kind of adorable.

    "But no sooner has the text faded into the first scene does the Avengers' alarm go off. (You make a mental note to pick a better name for it later.) Peter turns to you with wide eyes.

    "Is that...?"

    "Yup."

    You stand up, extending out a hand to Peter. He hesitantly takes it.

    As you pull him to his feet, you say, "Come on, Spider-Man. Time to show the Avengers what you can do."

    "Stop car thieves and people trying to steal Gatorades from corner stores," he says quickly. He must realize that didn't make much sense, because he adds, "That's... what I can do. This was a mistake. I'm– I'm just a kid from Queens, I'm not an Avenger."

    "Yes, you are. You're going to do fine. Great, even."

    He starts to pace, his feet going almost as fast as his words. "But what if I don't? What if I mess up so bad I cost us the whole mission, and then Mr. Stark kicks me off the team, and then I have to explain to Aunt May I lost the Stark Internship the same day I got it–"

    "Peter." You wait until he's stopped rambling and is looking at you before you continue. "I get that you're nervous. And it's okay. I went on my first mission a few weeks ago, and I was nervous, too. But I pushed that nervousness aside and focused on the mission, because I knew the Avengers were needed, and that was more important than anything else. And guess what? We did exactly what we were there to do. Everything went perfectly."

    "Okay, but just say–"

    "No. Stop. If you let yourself go down the path of worst-case scenario, that's what's going to be on your mind during the mission, so that's what's going to happen. Dad wouldn't have asked you to be on the team if he didn't think you were Avengers material. You've proved it to him, now you have to prove it to yourself."

    Peter gulps, then slowly nods. "Okay. Yeah. You're– you're right. I can do this. I'm– I'm Spider-Man."

    You smile encouragingly. "Yeah you are! Now come on, let's go get changed."

    Peter walks over to the corner of your room where he's dumped his backpack and begins to dig through it. As he's searching for his costume, your door swings open. Tony's standing there, holding a black, square-shaped briefcase. He looks over at Peter.