丅𝔀𝓔︎ᒪ︎V︎𝓔︎

ALL our work is gone!” Bruce exclaims. “Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch.”

“I guess smashing him to pieces wasn’t the way to go,” you say quietly, playing with your braid.

“He’s been in everything,” Natasha reports. “Files, surveillance. He probably knows more about us than we know about each other.”

“He’s in your files, he’s in the Internet. What if he decides to access something a little more… exciting?” Rhodey asks.

“Nuclear codes,” Hill says.

“Nuclear codes,” Rhodey repeats. “Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can.”

“Nukes? He said he wanted us dead,” Natasha adds.

“He didn’t say ‘dead’. He said ‘extinct’,” Steve corrects.

“He also said he killed somebody,” Clint reminds you all.

Hill tells him, “There wasn’t anyone else in the building.”

“Yes, there was.” Tony pulls up a hologram of orange-colored bits of broken code.

“JARVIS,” you whisper sadly.

Bruce examines the code pieces. “What? This– this is insane.”

“JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would’ve shut Ultron down. It makes sense,” Steve says.

“No. Ultron could have assimilated JARVIS. This isn’t strategy. This is… rage.”

Suddenly, Thor walks into the lab, wearing his full Asgardian armor. He grabs Tony by the neck and lifts him into the air. With his other hand, he holds up Mjolnir threateningly.

“Woah, woah, woah!” Steve calls out.

“It’s going around,” Clint quips.

“Thor! Put him down!” you yell.

“Mr. Thor!” Peter says nervously.

“Come on, use your words, buddy,” Tony chokes out.

“I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark,” Thor spits out angrily.

“Thor! The Legionnaire?” Steve asks.

Thor drops Tony to the ground and stalks away from him. You run over to Tony, who wraps an arm around you.

“Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it’s headed north. And it has the scepter,” Thor reports. “Now we have to retrieve it, again.”

“Genie’s out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron,” Natasha says.

“I don’t understand.” Dr. Cho looks up from the examination she had been doing of some fragments of Iron Legion bots. “You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?”

Tony lets go of you and goes over to his computer, only to begin laughing a moment later. Bruce shakes his head, signaling to him to stop, but he continues anyway.

“You think this is funny?” Thor asks.

“No. It’s probably not, right? This is very terrible. Is it so… is it so… it is. It’s so terrible.”

“This could have been avoided if you hadn’t played with something you don’t understand.”

You were the one that gave us the okay to use the scepter,” you snap. “Don’t pin the blame on us.”