丅𝔀𝓔︎𝓷𝐓︎ⓨ︎-丅𝔀๏

YOU fly in just as Natasha throws Steve’s shield to him, who immediately brings it down, slicing a robot in half.

“Hey, you two! Did you miss me?”

“Not at all,” is Steve’s immediate answer.

Ouch. Words hurt, Rogers. Words hurt.”

“Did you come to help us, or just to stand around talking?” Natasha asks as she uses her tasers on a robot, causing it to explode.

“For your information, I’m currently flying around, not standing. But” — you sigh dramatically — “I suppose I can help, if that’s what you really want.”

You step off the Shooting Star onto the ground as you pull out a blade, chucking it into the dead center of a robot’s face. It drops down to the ground as you bend over to pick up the blade, only to then spin around and use it to slice the head off another bot. You put the blade back in its sheath, jump back onto the Shooting Star, and turn to Natasha and Steve.

“There. I helped. Feel better?”

“Cowabunga!” Peter yells as he swings in, kicking a robot in the face. He lets go of the web as his feet make contact with the bot, flipping through the air a couple times before he lands on the ground next to where it’s now lying.

“Showoff,” you mutter.

The robot suddenly twitches, standing back up. You wheel around, hitting it squarely in the chest with a large repulsor blast. It flies backward, smacking into a wall before collapsing to the ground, now fully destroyed.

“Showoff,” Peter mutters.

The Shooting Star touches down to the ground so you can elbow him in the side.

“The next wave is gonna hit any minute,” Steve says, bringing you and Peter back to focus. “What do you got, Stark?”

“Nothing great,” Tony responds hesitantly. “Maybe a way to blow up the city. That’ll keep it from impacting the surface… if you guys can get clear.”

“I asked for a solution, not an escape plan.”

“Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We’re gonna have to make a choice.”

“Cap, these people are going nowhere,” Natasha adds. “If Stark finds a way to blow this rock…”

“Not till everyone’s safe,” Steve argues.

“Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There’s no math there,” you point out.

“I’m not leaving this rock with one civilian on it.” Steve says firmly.

“No one said we should leave,” Natasha says quietly.

Steve looks at her. Natasha just shrugs.

“There’s worse ways to go.” She gazes out at the landscape in front of you, which is now blue sky and clouds. “Where else am I gonna get a view like this?”

“Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It’s about to get better,” Fury says over comms.

You all turn to see a giant helicarrier rising above the clouds until it’s level with Sokovia.

“It’s nice, right?” Fury asks. “Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple old friends. She’s dusty, but she’ll do.”

Steve stares at the helicarrier. “Fury, you son of a bitch.”

“Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?” he asks sarcastically.

Language, Steve.” You shake your head as if Steve has just greatly disappointed you.

Flaps in the sides of the helicarrier open as a bunch of lifeboats fly out.

“This is yours? This is the Avengers’?” Pietro asks, amazed.

“It sure is.” Steve smiles.

Pietro smiles, too. “This is not so bad.”