ภเ︎𝓷𝓔︎

AS soon as you land, Dr. Cho comes onto the jet and, with Natasha's help, takes Clint to Bruce's lab. Maria Hill comes onboard the jet as Thor is leaving, carrying Loki's scepter.

    "Lab's all set up, boss," she tells Tony.

    "Oh, actually, he's the boss," Tony says, spinning around in the driver's seat so he can point to Steve. "I just pay for everything, and design everything, and... make everyone look cooler." He pushes himself out of the seat and exits the jet.

    "What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asks Hill.

    "NATO's got him."

    "The two Enhanced?"

    "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building." She and Steve exit the jet as well, and you and Peter quickly follow behind them. "Sokovia's had a rough history," Hill continues. "It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special."

    "What can Wanda and Pietro do?" you ask.

    "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation."

    You and Peter both nod, as it makes perfect sense to you two, but Steve just stares at Hill, confused by all the sciency language.

    "He's fast and she's weird," you translate.

    You, Steve, and Peter get into the elevator. Steve turns to Hill, who's standing outside the elevator, staring grimly at him.

    "Well, they're gonna show up again."

    "Agreed," Hill responds. "File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts."

    "Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" Steve asks sarcastically.

    "We're not at war, Captain."

    "They are," he says firmly.

    Peter whispers to JARVIS to close the elevator doors for dramatic effect.

★★★★★

When you and Peter enter the lab, Tony is leaving the area where Dr. Cho is set up.

    "How is he?" Bruce asks, coming up beside you and Peter.

    "Unfortunately, he's still Barton," Tony says.

    "That's terrible," Bruce replies.

    "He's fine. He's thirsty."

    Bruce goes in to see Clint, but you and Peter stay with Tony in the lab.

    "Hey, Mr. Stark? I should probably go home. I have some science homework to finish, and Aunt May will get worried if I'm out for too much longer."

    "Alright," Tony agrees. "JARVIS, tell Happy to drive the kid home."

    "Yes, Mr. Stark."

    "Leave the suit here, kid. Lexi can get you a mannequin to put it on."

    "Oh, uh, okay." Peter leaves to go change.

    Once he's gone, and his suit is safely stored with the others, Tony turns his attention to Loki's scepter.

    "Alright. Look alive, JARVIS. It's playtime. We've only got a couple of days with this joystick, so let's make the most of it." He looks at you. "Do you have any interest in helping your old man dissect this giant glow stick?"