39

Now that we're alone, everything feels like it's falling back into its place.

The pieces of my scattered heart are being put back together with each brush of his soft finger on my face. The way his eyes are tracing my face, it's almost as if I can feel the line being drawn in the path of his irises moving.

He guided my head a bit down, pressing his plump lips on my forehead for a few moments, and I could feel those same lips stretching into a smile as he rested them against the same spot.

'I don't know how to tell you how sorry I am. I should have given you a chance to explain everything. I should have listened...'

'Hey. Look at me.' He gently lifted my face, his eyes meeting mine. 'If it was all that easy, people would never argue. I would be the same if I saw what you've seen. I understand all too well the pain you felt at that moment, and I don't blame you for running.'

'I just - seeing you with her, with someone you spent years loving and crying over... It just broke me. Days before that, you cried over her and for a moment, I thought you just lied to me. I knew you didn't, but seeing that it was too much. And I feel ashamed that I even thought that you would lie -'

His lips laid softly over mine, an equally soft exhale gliding between his lips, warming mine up.

'I did love her. I did care for her way longer than needed, and definitely way more than she deserved to be cared for. As much as I would like that it never happened, it has. She will always be a part of my past that I can't erase.' Raising my face a little, his eyes were gazing at me lovingly. 'But you are my future.'

I laid my hand on his, which was resting on my face gently, watching him as he kept talking to me in his honey-sweet voice.

'When I look at you, I see everything that I could possibly want and need in my life. When I hold you and you smile at me, I see myself holding you just the same 10 years from now. When I wake up next to you, I can imagine waking up next to you in 20 years. With your mesmerizing face still scrucnhing up in your sleep, or your gentle hands tugging on me when I try to move. I can clearly invision us coming home from work and cuddling up on the couch, watching some movie that we never pay attention to anyway because we can't keep our hands to ourselves.'

We both softly giggled at the last part, knowing that each word of it was true. Not once did we manage to watch past the first 20 minutes of anything we started.

'Nothing I ever felt in my life can even come close to what I feel for you. Nothing in my life ever brought me this much happiness and content. Nothing and no one ever made me feel so loved. And nothing in my life broke me like you leaving me has. Not even my brother's death. When you walked away, I felt like I died then and there. I didn't want to live. You are my whole life, baby. Without you, I'm gone.'

''What I'm trying to say is... You're the love of my life, Amora.'

I really tried to hold those tears back, but no matter how much I tried, I falied. Miserably. The tears spils over my bottom lashes, running down my face and there was not a thing I could do to stop them.

He gently wiped my tears, smiling lightly at me the entire time, placing soft kisses on my cheekbones and nuzzling closer to me.

'Then I believe it's okay for me to feel the same way for you.' I sniffle, looking back up at him, trying my best to smile

'I want to hold you and kiss you even when we're both too old to even walk, holding your old, wrinkly hand while we're both squinting at the TV because we can't see anymore. To watch our grandchildren run around and break things around our house when they come to visit. To help you change the diapers when you start peeing your pants.'