21 - asshole

asshole 

asshole 

Hana turned off her phone, putting it back into her bag as she looked at the sea in front of her. She pulled her legs to her body, tightly hugging them. It was weird. Everything felt wrong, no matter what she did. 

And the worst thing about it all was that she had no idea what she was feeling.

It felt nice texting with him, and she was having fun when they were talking in the group chat, but she just couldn't figure out if it meant she liked him or not. It wasn't unusual to enjoy conversation with someone, it was completely normal for friends, so why was she even questioning it?

Was it because everyone kept saying he likes her, and she didn't want to reject him? Or was it because she actually felt something towards him, too?

She buried her head in between her knees, sighing. "Come on, it's not the end of the world," a male voice spoke up behind her, making her raise her head immediately. She smiled slightly, watching Astran sit down next to her on the blanket. "It's just a boy, remember?"

Hana nodded, sighing again. "I know, I know," she mumbled. "Still, it's...overwhelming." Astran patted her back, showing that he understood. "The most frustrating thing is that I don't know anything," she confessed. The taller boy just sat there silently, listening to what she had to say. "I don't know if he actually likes me or not, and I don't even know if I like him."

"It's not really my place to say this..." Astran started hesitantly. "But I think you shouldn't think about it this much. Maybe...you should just accept that there's the possibility he likes you, and start from there."

"What if it ends up being just a big misunderstanding? What if he ends up thinking I am weird for assuming something like that?" Hana asked, already thinking about the worst case scenario. "And what if it ends up being reality? What if he likes you?" Astran interrupted her thoughts.

She didn't have an answer for that. It was one of her biggest worries, what if he actually liked her? What was she supposed to do about it? She just couldn't figure it out.

"You two look like you're already having some serious talk." The two of them turned around, noticing the tall female. Bora smiled at them, going to sit to Hana's other side. "Don't stress anything, you know how awful it was when I kept overthinking if Jisoo likes me or not," she proclaimed, taking out her phone from her pocket to see what time it was. "Speaking of, her shift is ending in like two minutes so she'll be here soon, too."

"I am telling her the same thing," Astran agreed with Bora. "You shouldn't think about it this much or you're only going to hurt yourself," he turned his head to the shorter girl. "And I really don't want you to go through that again."

She exchanged a look with him, not sure what she was feeling at the moment. She was angry at him. She knew he only meant well for her, but the way he said it, the way he brought up the situation they agreed on never mentioning again, it pissed her off.

"Astran," Bora spoke before Hana could do so. She shook her head, trying to tell him to not mention it. "Shut up, yeah?" Astran's eyes widened as he realized what he said. He quickly gave the shorter girl an apologizing glance, "I am sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I just- you know," he blurted out.

Thankfully, before he could say more, and make the situation even worse, more of the girls joined them. "What's the weird mood for?" Alaska asked, taking off her sunglasses. "Cheer up."

Mya next to her scoffed, shaking her head as she walked over to the three of them, sitting down next to Astran as she knew Jisoo was going to want to sit next to Bora. "She probably thinks she is super cool with those sunglasses, huh?" Bora chuckled as Mya nodded to her. "She's been like this the whole drive, thinking she is super cool or something."

"Okay, rude," Alaska rolled her eyes, sitting down next to Mya. "The fact you are a baby doesn't mean you can be rude to me," she said towards one of her best friends, turning her head to Bora next. "And the fact you're a few months older also doesn't mean you can be rude to me!"

Bora laughed, shaking her head at the brunette. "What did you talk about so far?" Mya questioned, completely ignoring Laska's comments. "Just about Astran being an asshole," Bora shrugged.

"Hey! That's not true!" The male argued immediately. "I am not an asshole, I just didn't watch my words."

"Can we stop talking about it?" Hana interrupted them, making them both shut up. Astran glanced at her again, apology in their eyes, while Mya gave Hana a warm smile, hoping to make her feel at least a little better. She wasn't sure what happened before her and Alaska came, but she could still see Hana wasn't thrilled by it at all.

Suddenly, Hana wanted nothing more but to have her best friends here, too. Sure, she had four people she absolutely loved next to her, but they still weren't Amy and Izzy. She needed them sitting there with them, making some stupid jokes again just to lift up the mood. She knew they would easily save the whole situation, because that's what they were good at. Unlike her, they somehow always knew what to do or what to say, and she was incredibly jealous because of that.

"Oh, I just remembered," Mya said suddenly, all eyes falling on her. Hana felt some sort of relief when she spoke up, glad there was someone to change the topic after all. "Jay Chang just debuted! You guys have to listen to his song!" She said, already scrolling through her phone to find the song.

"Not again," Laska whined, a sign of laughter in her voice. "I had to listen to it three times on our way here, I know the song perfectly already!" 

"Just play it," Hana chuckled a little at the older girl, interested in what the song was about.