40 - the question

the question 

the question 

Seungmin sat down on the bed, looking around the girl's room while she changed her dog's water since she didn't have the time to do so before.

"Do you want anything?" The girl asked awkwardly. He just shook his head, refusing. She nodded to that, going to sit down next to him. She stared into the floor, making a hole with her eyes, her fingers unable to stay still. It didn't take him long at all to notice it, after all, his eyes were always on her and her only, but he still couldn't help it and hesitated in doing anything.

In the end, he decided to reach his hand to hers, holding her hand to calm her down. He thought he could read her perfectly after all the time they've known each other, but the truth was he was lost now that she was right next to him. It should be harder to understand each other when they were just texting but it felt the opposite to him. He just couldn't figure out what was going through her head at the moment.

He just hoped she wasn't regretting the kiss.

She looked up at him again, smiling as she intertwined her fingers with his, making all his thoughts disappear.

"I don't even know how relationships work anymore," Hana laughed silently, her eyes wandering all over the room now. She just couldn't look him straight in the eyes.

"Well, I can't say I am an expert," he started, chuckling a bit when he saw how nervous she was. He squeezed her hand lightly, making her look at him again. "But we could start simply. For example, by me actually asking you to be my girlfriend."

The black haired girl blushed, immediately burying her head in his shoulder to hide her red face. He laughed, his empty hand patting her back to calm her down. He always thought she was cute, but he would have never imagined she was as cute.

"Please," she mumbled into his shoulder, making him glance at her, his eyes full of curiosity. "What?" He asked, not sure what she was mumbling. She hesitated again before she raised her head, trying to forget about the fact she was as red as a tomato. "Please, ask me to be your girlfriend," she repeated, still whispering as she was too scared to speak out loud about what she really wanted.

Seungmin smiled once again, grabbing her other hand too before he started talking. "Hana, will you please let me be your boyfriend?"

If she was red before she didn't want to know how she looked now. Something about the way he said it, something about the words he decided to use, was making her go crazy. He didn't just want her to be his girlfriend but he also wanted to be hers.

"Yes, I'd love for you to be my boyfriend," she nodded, feeling the embarrassment run through her whole body right away.

At the same time, when Seungmin was about to speak again, the golden retriever jumped up on the bed, getting between them. Hana chuckled, letting go of one of his hands and patting Prince while he rested his head on Seungmin's lap.

"You like him huh?" Hana whispered, smiling as she watched Seungmin pat him too. "I am glad," she added, so quietly Seungmin barely heard her. But he still did. He heard her and couldn't stop smiling. He felt like a teenager again. It was incredible - and a bit scary if he was to be honest - how she made him feel.

"I know it might be weird, and uhm, you don't need to actually listen to it," Hana started blurting out quickly, making the older boy pay attention to her again right away. "What is it?" He interrupted her to stop her thoughts for a moment and let her think about what she wanted to say. "I wrote something," she explained.

"You wrote something? Do show," he encouraged her.

"I didn't plan on letting you hear it at first but... it's easier to express myself through a song than just words."

The black haired girl stood up from the bed, making not only Seungmin but also her dog curious about where she was heading. She walked to her table, grabbing her phone and opening the locked file.

She sat on the table, too embarrassed to go sit back next to him as she pressed play and the room got filled with her own voice.

Seungmin's eyes widened when the song started and he realized she was singing about a boy. He was the boy. She wrote a song about him

The golden retriever let out a sound - that Seungmin could swear sounded just like a scoff - before he rested his head in his lap again, closing his eyes. The male didn't say anything, he simply couldn't. All he could do at the moment was listen to her voice and smile.

It felt as if smiling was the only thing he was capable of when he was with her.

"So you did like me," he teased her when the song came to an end. "Maybe," she admitted, playing with her fingers again. She really wasn't good with things like this. Especially because it was him. She cared about his opinions more than other people's. She didn't want to make a wrong move, she didn't want to be judged. Not when she was with him.

"Sorry, buddy," Seungmin whispered towards Prince, and as if the dog could read his thoughts he got up, letting him stand up. He walked over to the table, stopping right in front of the younger girl. While she stared into his eyes, trying to read him, he held her hands again, making sure she knew he was there with her.

"The song is amazing," he proclaimed, gazing into her boba eyes too. "And your voice...it goes really well with it," he complimented her. "Thank you. For writing such a beautiful song about me."

"You're too good to be true," she shook her head slightly. "I can't take compliments, you can't do this to me. One more and I might kiss you," she warned him, but he only chuckled, smirking as if a whole plan was coming to live in his head. "And you look absolutely stunning on top of that," he proclaimed. 

And just like that, she did what she said. She leaned closer to him, still holding his hands as she pressed her lips against his.