35 - first kiss

first kiss 

first kiss 

Chris didn't hesitate a second in the morning, and right after he washed up and prepared everything, he left the hotel room, not even waiting for Changbin or Jisung to wake up. He had more important things to do at the moment.

He found himself staring at the address written in his phone. Last night, when Hyunjin texted him and Jisung that Robin and Riley shared an apartment and sent them their address, he couldn't wait a second and looked it up immediately.

It was the first time he realized how close she was to him now. She finally wasn't on the other side of the world, on a different continent, in a different country, she was basically right next to him and he could just walk to her place.

But first, he needed to go somewhere else. After all, he couldn't just show up at Riley's door without a coffee for her, could he?

Chris had spent his morning looking at café places in Riley's area, and eventually, he found the one she mentioned to him before. She insisted that they make the best coffee there, and proclaimed that she wasn't saying it just because it was close to her place and Jisoo worked there, but because it was really on a different level. He had to chuckle when he remembered the chat the two of them had. She was really cute - and somehow attractive - whenever she talked about things she liked.

The male had to take a deep breath as he stood in front of the door, hesitating for a second, glancing at the cup of caramel macchiato in his hand. He kept rethinking his decision. What if she wasn't awake just yet? What if she wasn't home at all? What if she didn't want to see him?

He shook his head, getting the thoughts out of his head. He looked at the door in front of him again, knocking.

The girl whined, standing up from her place at the dining table. She already wasn't in the best mood because of how soon she woke up, and she definitely wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone this soon. Especially when she was just in the middle of eating.

She wasn't sure why she woke up so early. For some reason, she just couldn't sleep. It wasn't anything weird for her to go to bed late - or technically early in the morning - but normally she would sleep until lunch after that, so it wasn't like she wouldn't be getting any sleep. Which was something she couldn't say about her roommate.

The girl walked to the front door of her and Robin's apartment, not even asking who was there before she opened them. "Am I seeing things because I haven't got a lot of sleep or are you in front of me?" She asked in disbelief, her eyes falling on the older male. He looked nervous and excited at the same time.

"I am pretty sure it is me in front of you, but if you don't believe me you can check," he proclaimed, smiling at the shorter girl in front of him as he raised the coffee in his hands a bit so she could see it. "Good morning, Rye."

"What are you doing here?" Riley asked, still not believing he was there with her as she closed the door behind him, watching him walk inside. "I told you before, didn't I? I promised I would show up at your door with a coffee once," he smiled at her, watching her face turn red.

She remembered it very well. She couldn't forget about what she told him after that. She felt embarrassed about it the next few days. "And I said I would probably kiss you if you did," she muttered, watching as his smile grew even wider.

"You did say that," he agreed. "So I am just waiting for my kiss now. Since you promised me one."

"You want a kiss?" She blinked a few times, slowly realizing what was happening. Christopher was in her apartment. He brought her coffee. And apparently he wanted to kiss her too. She quickly glanced at her clothes and then back at him. This definitely wasn't the best timing for a kiss. She wasn't dressed up, her breath probably stank, and she was sure she had dark circles under her eyes too.

"I've been wanting one for a while now, Rye," he proclaimed, making her focus on him again. He walked closer to her, not even caring about any of the things she was overthinking about. "I don't think I've ever wanted anything this much. Not as much as I want you."

"You are such a flirt, Christopher," she mumbled, almost dropping the cup of coffee in her hands on the floor when he took another step closer to her. They were centimeters away from each other, and she had to look slightly up to see his eyes. "I haven't brushed my teeth yet," she informed him, but he just shook his head. "I don't care. I couldn't care less about that," he assured her, his hand making its way up to her cheek. "All I care about is that I am here with you," he whispered, leaning towards her to connect their lips.

"In case you didn't notice yet, even though I've been flirting with you for the past month or so, I like you, Rye," he whispered against her lips, making her shiver. "It's not a big surprise I like you too, is it?" She answered quietly, pressing her lips on his.