Chapter 43

𝙷𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚢. 𝚃𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌.

 𝚃𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌

Teegan's POV

" What's wrong? " Abbie asked me, looking upset, and I sighed as I shook my head

" Nothing Abbie.. I'm fine."

" Wrong answer. " Emma said, unimpressed, as she continued working on her computer. I gave her a side eye as I continued my paperwork while Abbie still sat beside me.

" You look tired.. " She whispered, concerned, and I sighed as I pushed a piece of hair that fell from my ponytail behind my ear.

" I am. " I muttered, and she rested her chin on my arm.

" Do you want to take a nap in the resident lounge? I can cover for you. " She asked, and I smiled softly.

" It's fine.. I'm alright. " She nodded her head and gazed up at me through her lashes.

" Are you sure you don't want to talk about it? " She asked again, and I sighed as I leaned my head back in my chair.

" ..My ex dropped by last night.. " I muttered, and Emma pushed away from her computer and rolled over to us in a flash.

" You're kidding. " She said in shock, and I shook my head.

" I'm not. "

" Daddy Levi came to see you? " Abbie asked in shock and whined when Emma hit her on the head.

" Thank you for that. " I said to Emma as Abbie pouted. I had told them about Levi as well as our break up a few months ago. Of course, the details involving murder and torture were omitted, but they knew of him as well as how much he meant to me. 

" Well... what happened? " Emma asked, and I sighed.

" He.. apologized. Said he couldn't live without me, told me he loved me and that he never wanted to leave me... And I told him no. " I muttered, and they looked at me agape.