Chapter 55

𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎. 𝙸𝚏 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎, 𝚗𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚎.

 𝙸𝚏 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎, 𝚗𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚎

Levi's POV

Walking into the club, I nodded at my guards as I walked over to get a glass of whiskey at the bar

Walking into the club, I nodded at my guards as I walked over to get a glass of whiskey at the bar. As I grabbed the glass, my bartender leaned over the bar slightly.

" She's been waiting in your office for you.. " He spoke, and I nodded.

" I know.. " I muttered as I finished the shot and strided to the back towards my office. Though I didn't want to explicitly say it, I was excited for the afternoon my sweet little Tesoro had planned. She was excited to try a new sushi place in town, and with how big her smile was as she told me about how excited she was to try it, I knew my afternoon plans simply had to be canceled. Anything and everything would come before her..

Entering the room, I paused at the door as I looked at the rather normal sight of my empty office. However, only then did I realize my second phone had been moved slightly, as well as a small crack in the door of the basement. Leaning against the frame of the entrance, I waited for a moment and heard the slow and soft footsteps ascend the stairs as the boy's voice yelled out in anger. 

The door opened, and mi Tesoro closed the door behind her as she leaned against it, most likely feeling overwhelmed. I couldn't even blame her.. here I was, painting the portrait of the perfect man I had changed into when, unfortunately, old habits had to trickle in.

Upon approaching her, she asked me her questions, and I answered truthfully.. however, I didn't see fear or apprehension. I saw acceptance, appreciation, and love.. though it could've been my delusional thinking believing that. A shame my therapist was no longer able to help me differentiate to know whether or not that's what it was.