Chapter 53

𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚡 𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜. 𝙸𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚖𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘, 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚏𝚝.

 𝙸𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚖𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘, 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚏𝚝

Teegan's POV

Walking into my old hospital in New York, I felt a sense of nostalgia

Walking into my old hospital in New York, I felt a sense of nostalgia. I sensed a large feeling of familiarity as I roamed with my visitor badge instead of my hospital one.

With the time I had left for my break, I decided to take the trip back with the guys to New York to visit them for a while. While they were out, I was spending the day visiting some of my old mentors and attendings who looked out for me many times all those years ago. Though I would much rather wallow in self-pity for a bit, I didn't want my fight with Declan to dictate my vacation or how I went about my daily life. 

Entering the labor and delivery floor, I walked toward the new office of my old mentor, Dr. Damian Woods. Knocking softly at the door, I pushed it open, only to be met with him sitting at his desk reading a chart. He looked up to the door, a little annoyed, but his expression dropped as he made eye contact with me.

" Teegan? " He spoke in shock, and I smiled as I tilted my head.

" You know, I go by Dr. Monroe nowadays, but.. Teegan is alright, too. " He stood up slowly, still feigning a look of confusion, and I giggled as I placed the few gift bags I had in hand on the ground and walked over to him to give him a hug.

" What are you doing here? " He asked, still in shock as he hugged me, and I responded.

" I am here to see you. It's only right I pay a visit to the man who threatened to leave a bullet wound in my older brother, hmm? " I joked, and he rolled his eyes as we pulled away.

He crossed his arms, staring down at me. " I almost can't believe it's you.. "

" Well, believe it. I have a gift for you as well.. " I said and handed him his gift bag with a smile. He grabbed it from my hand, but instead of opening it, he dialed someone on his phone.