cHëck Up

"Good morning, Mr. Zee, Mrs. Zee," the doctor greets them warmly with a handshake,

"How are you guys doing? All good I hope."

"Good morning Dr. Lee, we're doing pretty great actually,"

Zee returns her greeting, bowing a little at the middle aged doctor,

"We had our Second anniversary the other week. Things have been good with Chawarin too."

"Oh, how lovely!" She clasps her hand in delight,

"Congratulations on my behalf. It's good to know Chawarin is having a great time. Shall we get started then?"

After some trivial questions about Nu's general health, diet and sleeping pattern they get started with the basic measurements, his weight and blood pressure specifically.

Some other tests along with a blood test follows next.

And at last, an ultrasonography to see the baby's position and stuff.

Nu almost cries when they hear the baby's heartbeat.

It never gets old.

Zee holds his hand throughout it, grinning ear to ear at the healthy progress of their baby.

They wait around for a while for the results to come and are ushered in again for another round of consultation.

"I'm glad you're eating a lot, chawarin, the baby's steadily gaining a healthy weight. But that also means you should continue with the daily exercises recommended to you. Increase fruits and vegetable in take,"

she continues directing him through the reports one by one,

"There's no sign of any bacterial infection either. Your blood pressure is a little bit higher than expected, but that should be normal in the third trimester.

So I wouldn't worry about that unless you face some inconveniences because of it.

All in all, I see a healthy baby and an equally healthy Chawarin. Just stay calm and happy, smile a lot. That's my advice to every pregnant person."

She smiles at them.

Zee and Nu feel much better at the positive reports and the doctor's reassurance.

Even if they knew there was nothing to worry about in the first place, hearing that from professionals is a whole different thing