25| Promises

SEASON 4

How Kai looks now:

NOAH

Saying it was weird dancing without Kai would've been an understatement.

Maybe not as bad for everyone else, but I've danced with her since the beginners ballet class when we were 3. Even if we weren't friends yet.

A-Troupe was all dancing to Take it to the top, our final dance together after winning internationals.

Most people were leaving, so it was really our final time dancing from each other.

In my time in A-Troupe, I've matured, and I've gotten advice on a lot of things from the group. I would miss them a lot.

We danced to the group Hip-Hp section, us all smiling in the mirror.

Then the solo parts started, and it was fun watching everyone show off a bit.

I wish the people were staying, but we all had to move on.

I'm not a rookie anymore, and I'm ready to do everything all over again.

The only people left was Ciara, West, Michelle, Me, Riley, Eldon, and Amanda, and Kai..I think.

She was pretty badly injured, and it's been 2 months since internationals and she was still in the hospital.

She had a cast, and came home occasionally but she spent most of her time going back and forth.

The doctor said she might not be able to dance again, and Kai sobbed her eyes out when she found out.

-

I decided to go visit Kai at home before the open house, and her house wasn't that fart so it wasn't a problem.

Emily opened the door, "What's up Noah, here to see Kai?" She asked. "Yeah is she in her room."

"Yeah she hasn't left it since she got the news. Honestly I don't even know if she's eating, I don't see her come out at all." Emily said.

"She probably comes in the middle of the night and eats food. I don't think she wants to look at us at all."

"Do you think she would want to see me?" I asked worries.

"I think you're the only person she would want to see."

"Those words hit me, and I sighed as I walked upstairs.

I knew exactly where Kai's room was even though I've only been to her house..I would say twice I used come here all the time when I was a kid ans I would play with her twin brother and her.

I opened Kai's door, and walked into her room where she was sitting with her leg propped up as she looked on her phone.

"Noah? what are you doing here?" She said as she looked up to see who came in.

"I came to visit you." I said smiling sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Oh, how's A-Troupe going?" Kai asked. "We have auditions tomorrow and we have an open house today for new members because half the team left."

"What? are you serious?" Kai said putting her phone down and looking at me in alert.

"Like are, West, James, and Eldon still there?" She asked.

"West and Eldon maybe. When our dance was done, Eldon went and stormed out and West went after him and I haven't seen them since and James yeah, he left to do the band.

"Noah, I know I can't be without them." Kai said. "I know and I am sorry, but hey on the bright side I can ask Miss Kate to save you a spot."

"Eh, don't even bother I probably won't even be able to dance again. You heard what my doctor said." Kai shrugged.

"I know but you're a strong person you'll get over it fast I know you will." I said.

"It's been two months, technically three sorta, and I don't even know when I'm getting my cast off."

"The doctor said I can get it off soon but he doesn't know if I'll be fully ready by then, he said I might but it's a very low chance." Kai said.

"I can promise you're going to get better and we'll be dancing together in no time." I said holding her hand.

"Noah, don't make promises you can't keep."