Chapter 1

"Hey, Ayanokouji-kun. Am I just your puppet?

"This voice... Err... Horikita-san?" Kushida asked, recognizing the speaker's voice on the screen.

Horikita looked bewildered for a second before nodding hesitantly.

"Hold on... Horikita-san is Ayanokouji's puppet?" Ike inquired, scratching his head, puzzled.

"My puppet? What are you talking about?"

The same question arose in everyone's mind.

"Ayanokouji-kun, you brought up the idea of surveillance cameras in the classrooms. Next, you took me to the special building and made me realize that there were no cameras. Then, you guided me to the idea of inventing false evidence, so that we could parse the truth from lies... When I look back on it now, that's all I can think of."

"Forge evidence... Surveillance cameras..? Hey, I don't get it, can someone explain what's going on?"

"Why are you guys outside the student council room anyway? Did you two get in trouble?" Asked Shinohara.

Horikita sighed deeply before explaining, "This is when Sudou got into trouble for a fight with someone from Class C, and since the situation isn't looking good for us, Ayanokouji and I doesn't have a choice but to create false evidence to shift the odds against Ryueen's class."

The students of Class D nodded in understanding. They knew that Horikita had devised a plan to withdraw Class C's complaint against Sudou, but they didn't know the details of how it was accomplished.

"Eh? Doesn't that make Ayanokouji-kun and Horikita-san amazing? For them to come up a plan like that" Praised Satou as she looked at Horikita and me.

"You're overthinking it. It's just coincidence."

'Was everything really a coincidence...?'
Thought Horikita.

"I don't think it was"

"What makes you think that, Kanzaki-kun?" Shibata inquired.

"I have no evidence, but judging from what Horikita said, bringing up the topic of the surveillance camera and leading her to the place where the incident happened, it's too impossible for it to be a coincidence. It's like he's guiding... No, it's like he's manipulating her to come up with a plan using the available information." he said as he narrowed his eyes at me. 'Maybe... he's someone great after all.'

Ishizaki clicked his tongue in annoyance "I can't believe they used such underhanded tactic like that. I knew it was a trap."

Sudou growled in anger, clenching his fist. "Oh yeah? It was you guys who attacked me first and were trying to blame me!"

Ishizaki didn't back down. " If it wasn't for your classmates helping you, you'll be dead-set expelled right now."

It was evident that both Sudou and Ishizaki were on the brink of losing control. At any moment, a fight might break out.

"Stop it, Ishizaki," the Class C leader's voice intervened, preventing the two from coming to blows.

"A loss is a loss. There's no point in dwelling on it now. Instead, we should take this as an opportunity to improve our plan for the future. More importantly," he said, glancing at me, "Suzune's orbiter, huh? I'll be keeping an eye on you from now on, kuku," he added with a somewhat strange laugh. It seemed I had already attracted the attention of the most notorious person in the year, it wouldn't be long before other students took an interest in me.

"Who are you?"

"What do you mean, who am I? I'm just a guy who dislikes trouble, right?"