Chapter 7

In Class C, an air of tension enveloped the room as Ryueen Kakeru, the class leader, began chuckling intensely. His amusement seemed unsettling, causing his classmates to avoid his gaze, afraid he might have lost his sanity and could lash out at them.

"Hey, what's so funny? Cut it out, it's freaking us all out!" Ibuki remarked with disgust, eyeing Ryueen, who seemed fixated on a particular student from Class D.

"I see! I see! Ke ke ke! I figure it now! How this mastermind in class D outsmarted me during the deserted island exam!" Ryueen announced, visibly amused.

"Are you seriously still hung up on that? And when you say mastermind, you don't mean that person didn't you? That's ridiculous! I have been observing him during the island exam, sure the screening did reveal that he's smart, observant and all but that doesn't mean he's the mastermind behind class D's success!"
Ibuki vehemently denied, dismissing any suspicion towards the brown-haired boy.

"Ku ku, Then, how do you explain the results, then, Ibuki?" Ryueen provoked. "We saw Suzune's card as Class D's leader, yet upon entering her name, we lost a substantial number of points. The only plausible explanation I have in mind is that someone, this mastermind in exact, switched the leader's card for their name, outsmarting all of us during the exam."

"And you believe this mastermind is Ayanokouji?" Despite the logical arguments, Ibuki couldn't help but snorted in disbelief.

"Precisely, what do you think is the screening's purpose besides the entertainment? It's to exposed this mastermind, well, it's understandable if you still don't believe me. Hey ishizaki!" Ryueen called Ishizaki who ran into him from his seat just like a servant dog.

"W-what is it, Ryueen-san?"

"Go and fetch Sakagami," Ryueen ordered with a smirk.

"What are you planning?" Ibuki couldn't shake off her suspicions. What in the world is he trying to achieve?

"You'll see"
With a smirk, Ryueen refocused on the screen, leaving Ibuki perplexed and Ishizaki hastily making his way towards the teachers' lounge even without asking why.

___________________________________________
"So, what are we going to watch next?" Ike asked, anticipating the upcoming video.

"Judging by the flow of the videos we've seen, we're probably going to watch how each class manages to survive the week in the uninhabited island exam, I guess?" said Nene Mori, making a thinking gesture with her lips. "Oh! And we're probably going to see what strategy Horikita-san used for us to take first place in the exam."

Sudou, upon hearing this, jumped in his seat enthusiastically. "Hell yeah!" From Sudou's perspective, everyone would see how impressive Horikita is on the screen as she outsmarted every class, earning our class a huge amount of points compared to the results of other classes.

Just as everyone is finally on the same page with the idea, the screen, which was showing nothing earlier, began to light up as it prepared for the next video.

As we neared the edge of the forest, we saw the beach, and the large group of Class C students on that beach. Horikita and I could never have imagined the situation we beheld.

The video started, portraying Horikita and me walking near the forest's edge, with the beach unfolding before us. On the shore, a group of Class C students was seen enjoying life to the fullest, as if it were a vacation, oblivious to the special exam taking place. A collective gasp filled the room as everyone watched the unexpected scene unfolding on the monitor.

"No way... All this stuff... Is it even possible?"

Even Sudou found what was in front of us abnormal as he asked, "What's going on? Don't they want to save points?"