Chapter 2

I couldn't get to sleep, so I got up and left. I bought some juice from the lobby's vending machine and headed back for the elevator.

"You know," Shibata uttered, "This has been on my mind since earlier, but is there any reason as to why we are watching this from Ayanokouji's perspective?" as he looked at his classmates for an answer.

"Agree. I get the point that 'the screen's' motivation is to reveal this information to us. If we hadn't watched the previous video, it would probably be certain that we're not going to know how Horikita-san and Ayanokouji-kun planned to make Class C withdraw their complaint. But if that's the whole point of this event, shouldn't we watch this whole stuff from their leader's perspective?" Amakura voiced out her confusion.

Kanzaki stated his observation, "I don't know. There's probably a reason why we're watching it from his perspective and not from Horikita or Hirata. We saw him earlier manipulate Class D's leader to form a plan and easily analyze every class's strengths and weaknesses. Maybe the whole point of this is to let everyone know there's something about him that doesn't meet the eyes," as he looked at me while uttering the last words.

Ike, who had been listening to the conversation from the start, frantically jumped in surprise, shouting, "Seriously?! Aren't we going to be underhanded then?! The other classes can take this as an opportunity to analyze our entire class and then exploit the information they can gather!"

Horikita sighed, expressing through her body language how disappointed she was how they were only now grasping the situation. "That's true. That's why I advised against letting necessary information slip. We don't know what the following contents will be, but judging from the upcoming content, it looks like most of the videos will be about our class. It's better to be prepared than to be caught off guard."

"I agree!" Kushida, Class D's Madonna, exclaimed. "If we look at this on the positive side, this could be the perfect opportunity to understand and build relationships and bonds with each other!" She said, encouraging the other students.

"And with this, we could also possibly see how Horikita-san managed to win the island exam! We never knew the details about it," shouted one of my classmates.

Hirata smiled, observing their enthusiasm. He then turned to me and apologized for the breach of my privacy. I immediately reassured him that it's all right, and there's nothing we can do about it. Once again, I'm impressed by how kind this guy is and how he views others. Truly a kind guy.

The video continued.

"Hmm?"

I could see that the elevator had stopped on the seventh floor. Curious, I decided to check out the CCTV, which showed what was happening inside the elevator car. I saw Horikita, still dressed in her school uniform.

Horikita appeared worried, biting the tip of her finger in anxiety. She probably had already noticed what would happen in the following moments.

"You looked like you're in a rush, Horikita-san. Where are you going at this late hour?" Maezano asked, confused.

"Well, I don't really need to hide, but..."

Seeing her might be awkward right now, so I hid behind the vending machine. Horikita arrived at the first floor.

Looking wary of her surroundings, she exited the building. After she'd vanished into the night, I decided to follow after her.

"W-wait! Why were you following her?!"
Shinohara cried as she watched me on the screen following Horikita behind her back.

I shrugged. "I'm just curious as to why she's out late at night. This is not the time for students to wander around, and it's out of Horikita's character, so I figured there's probably something going on."