Chapter 9

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?"

Sudou's loud voice reverberated throughout the gymnasium, every student from each class fixating on the monitor with various expressions. They watched the screen in stunned silence, their faces a mixture of disbelief and indignation.

"What does he mean by that?!" shouted one student.

"That's so messed up! How could he say such things?!" another joined in, clenching his fists in frustration.

"He's talking like everyone was just a tool to him!"

"WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?"

Amidst the confusion and bewilderment of the crowd, Horikita gazed at the scene she had just witnessed in stunned silence. Her mind raced as she tried to process the weight of the words that had been spoken. One by one, students from her class, who already regarded her as their leader, bombarded her with questions about what that person said. She was torn; she didn't know how to respond. The person she had finally trusted, the one she had finally considered a friend, had thought that about her. Her mind and heart went blank.

She wanted to ask the person what does that supposed to mean, but the same person wasn't even seen inside the gymnasium.

'How in the world did it come to this?' she thought inwardly as she looked at the screen showing the apathetic brown-haired boy looking at them with lifeless, cold eyes.

Before this unfolded, let's rewind the time a bit and delve into how it all came to this.

___________________________________________

After that ominous monologue by a student named Ayanokouji Kiyotaka takes place, the monitor hurriedly displayed another video, as if it wants to divert the attention of the students away from the earlier scene that they had just witnessed.

On the screen, a heavy rain pelted down,
casting a dim light on the surroundings, causing poor visibility. A short blue haired girl stood, visibly out of breath, looming over another girl with black hair who lay unconscious on the ground.-a scene that appeared to be the aftermath of a brawl.

Students who recognized the black-haired girl gasped in surprise.

"Wait, Is that...?" Shinohara curiously asked, her voice trailing off.

"SUZUNE!" Sudou shouted, his voice pierced through the gymnasium.

I let out A deep breath while I stood over Horikita, who was unconscious.

"Eh? Horikita-san? What happened?!"
cried my classmates in disbelief, their expressions shifting from shock to concern as they looked over to her.

For the first time since her animosity towards Horikita was revealed, Kushida finally showed some expression, her lips curling up as if she were enjoying the scene she had witnessed.

"I just had a little brawl with Ibuki-san over the class card, that's all," Horikita replied, to which my classmates responded with an "Ehh?" simultaneously, their faces expressing, "that's not something you can just say nonchalantly!"

They were still curious about the fight, knowing it was a violation against the rules, but they remembered what their sensei had said earlier, so they kept quiet.

It had been a long since I'd gone up against such a tough opponent. Had she been in better health, the match could've gone either way. She really was that strong.

"It seems that you'd know your place, if the fatigue from my fever and earlier running to catch up to you didn't catch up to me. The results would be different," Horikita closed her eyes, directing her words towards Ibuki.