Chapter 5

"Ugh, the boys in our class really are the worst," Shinohara muttered to her female classmates while casting a disdainful glance at Ike, who was visibly distressed after being reprimanded by the girls.

"Hirata-kun and Ayanokouji-kun are probably the only male classmates who aren't perverted," whispered Nene to others, drawing me some disapproving glances from my male classmates.

While I appreciated not being lumped in with the likes of Ike and Yamauchi, I knew there were other guys in the class who were not interested in such topics. Like Yukimura, for instance, who's solely focused on his studies, and Miyake Akito from the archery club who seemed laid-back. I hadn't interacted much with them, but they didn't seem to have the same mindset as the others.

"Um... I think those reactions are just normal for guys, I think...?" unexpectedly, Kushida, the class D angel, defended them.

Shinohara, clearly surprised by Kushida's defense, protested, "But Kushida-san! You might never know, but I'm certain that they think of you and use you with their perverted thoughts!"

Kushida, after considering their argument, awkwardly smiled and averted her eyes. The guys seemed to give in as well, seeing their class D angel reluctance to defend them any further.

I don't know the reason why Kushida behaved that way, considering her genuine dislike for guys like them. But it appears she only did so to appear more favorable to the guys, as she enjoys being the center of attention, not knowing what to come...

___________________________________________

"That was quite something else," Shibata awkwardly laughed, observing Ike's lifeless form in his seat after being verbally berated by the girls.

Chihiro whispered shyly, "I'm glad we're not in the same class as them," as she tried to avoid the boys' attention.

Amikura nodded in agreement, saying,
"Totally! Our guys seem more mature."

"Anyone have any idea what the point of that whole screening was, though?" Kobashi asked her classmates, looking to their class representatives for answers.

Kanzaki replied "I was puzzled about it too. I speculated that the purpose of this whole screening was to reveal what Class D has been doing behind the backs of every other class. But this particular video completely undermined that purpose of it at all."

He shook his head, lost in contemplation. "In any case, one crucial thing to note is the randomness of the video's content. It seems to also lacked any specific time event. It's uncertain whether the next videos we're going to watch holds any useful information or is as pointless as the previous one," he remarked, casting a glance towards Ichinose. "But now that we're aware that there are individuals in class D capable of lifting their class to A, we can't afford to relax just because we've established a cooperative relationship. You understand what this implies, Ichinose-san."

Ichinose nodded affirmatively, her gaze fixed on where the students of Class D were seated. "As of now, Class D is the class we should be most cautious about."

___________________________________________

The video opened with Ayanokouji sprinting.

I left the library and chased after Kushida. I wanted to thank for her working so hard to get the study group together, and to apologize. Besides, I wanted to do everything possible to get along with such a cute girl, you know?

Some of the boys looked at me as if they understand how I feel.
As soon as those thoughts crossed my mind, Horikita shot me a look of disgust. Well, despite my nature being like this, I'm still just a guy you know? Boys tend to find joy in any attention or conversation from a girl they interact.