Chapter 8

Nunew does not even remember how he was able to get into a taxi. His hands continue to tremble. He doesn't know how he was able to convince himself before that he already moved on, that he was smart enough now to handle any kind of circumstances that will cross his way. He thought that he had already grown mature after three years. That his past experiences of pain and betrayal that Zee have cause him had made him tougher.

But he was too stupid to assume all of that. He manage not to get into any relationship again. He avoided all of his admirers. His male suitors in the university even call him Ice Princess. His officemates think he was too hard to get.

They've tried to break down the wall that Nunew built to protect himself but no one was strong enough to make it fall. But its not the case with Zee Pruk. He was still no match for him. He still made him feel weak. He went straight to his apartment. He doesn't feel like coming to work after that meeting with Zee.

He called Aunt Esther and told her that Srichand awarded the contract for the ad campaign to them and discuss it tomorrow.

"Come here Winnie..." Nunew called his son. He gave his baby a tight hug.

"Mama, can't breath." Tawin complains.

Nunew can't help but giggles to his son cuteness.

"Oh I'm sorry baby. Mama will stay with Winnie the whole day. I bought you your ice cream. We will eat that later okay? What do you want us to do now Winnie baby?"

"Play ba'ketball." Tawin replied.

The boy stood up and grab his small bouncing ball and a small bucket that Margie improvize so that the boy can have something to shoot the ball at.

Nunew can't help but smile. "You want us to play this huh baby?" The boy nodded and give his Mama his small ball.

"Tomorrow I'll buy you a real ball use for basketball. Just the small one so you can learn how to dribble."

"Really Mama? Buy ball?" Tawin's eyes sparks in delight.

He hold his son and put him in his lap and embrace him. "Promise. Don't you know that your Daddy is quite tall? He's around Six feet. He is so handsome like Winnie. Your Daddy is the captain of the basketball team and was very good. He can be a professional basketball player if he wants to you know." Nunew didn't even realize that he was starting to tell a lot about Zee to their son.

"You like playing basketball too. You get it from your Daddy. You even looked exactly like him." He continue to narrate as if Tawin was old enough to understand everything.

"Winnie's Daddy?" Tawin ask looking at his Mama with a shock expression.

"Yes your Dad~.." Nunew was unable to finish what he was about to say. His smile quickly disappear and just stare at his son. Never once did he mention anything about Zee to Tawin until Just now.

"Where's Daddy?" Tawin look at him.

Nunew can't help but to lean his back on the couch. That was an honest mistake. He must pay for it. He doesn't even know how to answer his son.

"Where's Daddy, Mama?" Tawin ask again.

"Well... I." He said stuterring. He can't take it anymore. He pull Tawin into a tight embrace and he just cry.

Nunew thought that he was already complete now that he has Tawin. That he doesn't need anybody but his son. But he wasn't even prepared for this situation. Tawin Perdpiriyawong ~ what if he ask him one day why he didn't carry his father's name?

Where will he get the strength to answers Tawin's questions about his father? All of that was playing inside Nunew's mind. He doesn't know what to do anymore.