Episode 23. Vacation Reward

Ryu Yeon-woo :  Hey guys, thanks for supporting my activities with the music. I’ll be going to school from the 3rd, so let’s catch up at school!

Woo seong-sik :  Oh, is Yeon-woo finally coming?

Hwang Jin-hyeonYeon-woo, how many days are you coming to school this time? The kids in Class 4 keep challenging me to soccer. Come and score some goals!

In the group chat, Yeon-woo’s message appeared alongside his friends’ messages and smiling emojis.

The afterparty for the last episode continued into the late night, splitting into two groups—those heading for a second round and those heading home. Due to his minor status, Yeon-woo left early.

“Min-soo hyung, you’ve been waiting a long time.”

“Not really. I dropped Stylist Ye-Ye-eun near her house and came back.”

Min-soo drove in that direction and dropped Yeon-woo off at the apartment provided by the entertainment agency. Then he headed home.

“Well, my first drama has come to an end.”

With mixed feelings of satisfaction and regret, he completed his first work. It was still hard for him to believe that he had actually acted in a drama. In his past life, he had only played extras with passing pedestrian roles.

“Will this feeling of excitement lessen after a couple more works?”

Late into the night, feeling an odd emptiness, he lay in bed and absentmindedly searched for information about ‘Summer Promise’.

The next day at lunchtime, Manager Kim Min-soo came to pick up Yeon-woo again.

“Did you have lunch, sir?”

“No, what about you, Min-soo hyung?”

“I haven’t either. Then let’s go get something to eat and head down.”

“Oh, come on, I’m still a student. I haven’t even had a single drink. But I do like hangover soup.”

Kim Min-soo sometimes forgot that Yeon-woo was a minor, given how mature he appeared.

Yeon-woo’s words made Kim Min-soo chuckle. He guided Yeon-woo to his usual dining spot, a place he often frequented.

After having lunch at a nearby restaurant, they headed to Daejeon.

Before he knew it, Min-soo’s car arrived at his parents’ apartment.

“Well, Min-soo hyung, would you like to come in? I’ll at least treat you to a drink.”

“No, I’ll be waiting by the elevator. Take your time.”

Entering his home through the front door, Yeon-woo went to find his passport, which he needed for his company’s records due to his reward vacation plans.

Thankfully, his newly made passport from last year was ready, which was together with his resident registration card showing he had just turned 17.

Yeon-woo had contacted his parents the previous day, so his mother had already prepared everything on the dining table. He grabbed the passport and made his way out.

“Here’s my passport. Thank you for coming all the way to Daejeon.”

“I used to go back and forth between Seoul and Busan regularly. Daejeon is relatively close.”

Approaching Min-soo, Yeon-woo handed him the passport and smiled brightly.

“You’ll probably need to apply for a travel visa online through the company, so you shouldn’t have much else to do. Well then, I’ll see you on the 7th.”