Part 10 - Blackmail

"Stop laughing, it was my first time donating blood."

Chided Sneha in order to stop Nisha and Ankit recreating the scene of her fainting by seeing the amount of blood she donated.

"It was our first time too, witnessing someone faint by seeing their own blood."

"So what? I just fainted seeing my blood, but you scream seeing an injection."

Huffing in annoyance, Sneha retorted to Ankit's words, then turned around to leave them but Nisha stopped her.

"Alright enough teasing, let's head towards the canteen."

She nodded and followed after them slowly. She was happy and relaxed despite her brother Siddharth's long stay at her Bhabhi's place. She wasn't bothered by Abhiraj and presence of Nisha and the return of Ankit, made her feel more secure and content. She even felt foolish in her past self for fearing Abhiraj to the extent of submitting to his whims. But now her life was back on track, with her days in college studying, evenings with friends and nights at her home with Nisha. She starts to even gain courage to confront and socialise with others.

"Hey freshie."

Watching the familiar senior gang, who attempted to rag her on the first day. Standing before her, She froze on her step and retreated all ready to make a run. But finding them surrounded her, she felt trapped. She didn't realise how lost in her thoughts she was far behind her friend who almost reached the entrance of the canteen.

"Aren't you the one who tricked us last time?"

"Perhaps."

"You'll be punished with a task. This time no deceit."

If it was in her hand, she'd complain against them, but to avoid having conflict with her seniors in the university she didn't.

"You've to Kiss and ask a guy out with no friends Or teacher."

She frowned at their demand, what's with their obsession with kisses? but didn't object this time.

"You're here."

Watching the scene unfolding before, Ansh texted the friends group. Now watching how Abhiraj arrived in a rush, he almost felt guilty. Yet didn't restrain himself from teasing him.

"What happened to you moving on focusing on your career plan?"

"Is she coming to you?"

Instead of answering Ansh and Sharan, he continued gazing at Sneha for a second ; his heartbeat raced in anticipation. To see her approach him, flirt with him and ask him out. Because she approached in the direction he was standing. But then saw her stopping near the Old-Peon who was carrying some file, she said something to him. That made him smile, then she raised her hand to hold his hand and kissed on his palm. The peon glanced behind her, as if understanding what's happening he nodded in agreement with her. Watching the interaction, he didn't know how to react, obviously he can't feel jealous over an elderly peon. But the fact she'd rather approached a peon than him for help made him angry that he turned to leave from there.

"Get those Moron for me."

Instructing this, he walked away from there. Not willing to watch anymore, a part of him appreciated her wit's, for escaping the trouble without getting involved in conflict with seniors. So the other was angry, that she can't think of taking his help, ever for once. Worse, she can obey others without a word, only with him using all the methods to reject.

_____________

"So why come to me, go smile, flirt or give rose to those clinging to you and dance with them."