Chapter 11

Hoshi couldn't explain the urge to post that story. He just felt compelled to, as if some unknown voice in his head had willed it to happen. He knew the repercussions of what he'd just done, yet, felt nothing towards them. After the brief talk in the countryside, he finally accepted what he'd been denying, whilst knowing that the injustice wrought upon Jang-mi would only hurt her more and more as time went on. Feelings aside, it was just plain wrong.

Bracing himself for the commotion that would happen, he lightly pried the dorm's door open. 6 pairs of eyes burned into his soul as he entered the apartment.

"Hyung, respectfully - what the fuck?" Minghao spat out in utter shock, the others no less confused by his online outburst.

"Hoshi, this could cost us. A lot. You do know that, right?" Joshua reprimanded, stern though less cutthroat than Minghao.

"I know."

"Then- why?"

"I don't know," he sighed, heading into his room. His members were clearly a no-go at that moment, and he could tell that an ensuing meeting with some higher-up would be inevitable too. He plopped down onto the mattress, trying to think of what he could do now. Then it dawned on him; the one place he could go to get his mind off things.

**

For the 3rd time that week, Hoshi drove himself to the hospital. Metal lunchbox in hand, he gently knocked on the door, a low "hmm" resonating from the other side. He peeped inside, a stationary Wonwoo on the hospital bed.

"Wonwoo! I got you something to eat. Dino's grandma made some kimchi, so I brought that too," he smiled, setting the goods on Wonwoo's bedside table.

"Thank you, Hoshi," Wonwoo feebly responded. He was in arguably better shape than the last time Hoshi had seen him, but still looked quite worn and definitely unfit to perform for a good few months.

"Mr. Jeon, I brought you something for your migraine- oh. Hello, Mr. Kwon," a female voice piped up. Heejin, the nurse, stood behind the pair holding a metallic tray with a few pills and a glass of water. Hoshi's ears suddenly perked up.

"Hello, Heejin. I brought Wonwoo some food from home, if you don't mind,"

"Of course not! That's very kind of you. I'll prepare it for his scheduled mealtime later," she said, her voice sweet like honeysuckle. Hoshi observed as she gracefully waltzed around the room, grabbing things and reorganizing cupboards in a few calculated moves.

After a few minutes in the ward with Wonwoo, Hoshi bid his farewell and plopped down on a couch just outside the room, his face sinking into his palms.

A distinct click-clack of high heels broke the silence that encapsulated Hoshi. Heejin stood a meter away from him, her face filled with concern. She inched closer to him.

"Mr. Kwon, is everything alright?"

"What?"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't pry - you just looked really exhausted there," she innocently said, observing him intently.

"Oh. A lot of things are going on, I guess. It's not a big deal," he semi-mumbled, slumping down further into the seat.

"I know I'm probably not the best person to say this, but, if you ever have anything on your mind, you can always talk to me," she smiled. Hoshi felt as if he were lulled to sleep with a nursery rhyme from her melodic voice.

"Oh. Thank you,"

**

A new day had come, bringing with it the members' usual routine. Hoshi had hosted and attended many practices, though the feeling of being eyed like a zoo animal was definitely not something he had experienced in one yet. He was constantly scanned up and down, scrutinized, an air of confusion radiating from the eyeballs of whoever was staring him down at that moment. Unease coated the space like a thick fog.