~24~

This was definetly not how I pictured meeting my mate. After getting over Beryl and finally decided to look for whoever has been paired with me for eternity to forget that one person in my head, it ends up being my past love's brother and the one person I hate in the entire world more than myself and hawaiian pizza.

Don't ask why, I just hate it

I don't even understand how that's even possible.

He has a mate

He stood in front of me, rivulets of raindrops dripping down his hair and looking at me. Damn it all I could come from just watching him. My skin felt all prickly from his gaze and I want nothing more than to kiss the life out of him even though he used me just for the fun of it

Did I just say that?

"I know I don't have the right to ask, but please..." He walked closer, his face etched  in agony "Please...give me another chance"

I was conflicted. He sounded so pained and I almost just let him in, forgetting what he did.

"Let's get you dry first" He nodded and I gestured him to follow me. I gave him spare clothes that were a bit bigger on me and gave it to him to change in.

While he changed my mind struggled to understand this temporary adjustment.

Temporary because I don't think I want to start this again

Letting him in again was already a terrible idea and I feel myself slowly breaking the rules I set for not getting my heart shattered again

#1. Don't pick up his calls.
Failed

#2. Don't let him in your house
Failed
But there was a good reason

#3. Don't fall for him again
I think I'll break this rule very soon

They're not the best rules but it's the best rules to me

"Where do I put these?" He came out, changed in the spare clothes and holding his wet ones. I took them from him, avoiding his eyes and sent them to the laundry room. My heart was beating so loud the whole block must have heard it.

"Can we talk?" He asked in a soft voice the moment I came out of the room. I wanted to say no, tell him where to sleep and go to sleep myself because I am not ready for the sweet words and the apologies. I won't be swayed again.

"Damien, it's 2 in the morning and it's raining. We can talk when the sun is out" He wanted to talk now and I didn't so we fought over it till I threatened him to kick him out then he shut up about it. He had a kicked puppy look and I almost fell into his trap. So this is how Beryl feels when I do it...

*
*
*

"Can we talk now?" He asked as soon as I got out of my room. He stood at my door, my body caged between him and the wall.

"About what? Why you used me?" I mumbled. He does this, giving me this hurt look like I was the one who hurt him and expects me to just forgive him all because he was sorry.

Sorry is just a word, it doesn't magically make things better

"It's not like that. I never wanted to hurt you" He pleaded. I want to believe him,that he really didn't want all this to happen.

"But you did, Damien. Like you always do" my voice cracked, tears lining up my eyelids.

"Mason I–"

I shook my head and pushed him off, walking to the kitchen with Damien following. I ignored him and focus on cooking breakfast.

I could feel his eyes pricking my skin but I shook the feeling away. Once he was done eating breakfast he can leave. I don't want to forgive him so soon or even at all. I have feelings too, he can't expect me to just forgive him time and time again.

I can tolerate so much but not everything. And yes it will hurt pushing him away because of my feelings for him, mate or no mate.

I handed him a plate of pancakes and syrup with bacon at the side, avoiding his eyes. He tried making small talk and it was going nowhere but I have to hand it to him for trying.

Cute

No, not cute. Not cute at all. I took the plates and placed them in the sink.

"The storm has passed, you can go home. I'll send the clothes to your house"

"Can we talk first"

"About what, Damien? Just because you're my mate doesn't excuse all the pain I've gone through because of you!"I snapped

"Angel I–"

"Don't call me that. Just don't "

He went quiet and nodded, getting up. "Thanks for breakfast" was the last thing he said before leaving. I slumped over the table when I heard the door close.

"Dammit"

*
*
*

The next few days were a mess. I broke more plates and cups than I could count, my coffee making skills seemed to have gone bad and I almost fought with a customer

More like I punched him and broke his nose...

But that's on him, he shouldn't have groped me.

Perverted asshole

Esme thought it'd be best that I take a week off to get myself together but we both know a week won't cut it and I can't have an indefinite leave.

I decided to go ahead with their idea and took a week off. Funny enough everywhere I turned I could see his face... and I didn't find it annoying or wierd, just a dull ache in my heart reminding me of his absence. I noticed someone was following me. Either it's one of Beryl's father's men or Damien hired him

Mate

I still didn't understand how he could be my mate. I saw him with that woman on his arm. He announced his wedding....

Destiny made a switch with my mate. It can't be him, this is all just a huge mistake.

I shook my head and took my jacket, preparing to leave.

.

The bar was a flash of neon lights and grinding sweating bodies on the dance floor. The beer I ordered was untouched as I skimmed the dance floor for a one night stand. I need to get him out of my head and a good fuck is the answer. I locked eyes with a brunette alpha grinding against a blue eyed blonde. He left blondie and strutted towards me.

"Hey, wanna get out of here?" he asked.

Before I could say anything a particular alpha pulled me behind him and glared at the man infront of him.

"What the hell?" I grumbled, trying to pry free from his hold. I came here to get away from him. Why is he here?

"Come near him and I will kill you"

Brunette had his tail tucked between his legs and left. He hauled me over his shoulder, left the club and placed me inside his car, locking it. I couldn't even get out of his grip. He got in and turned to glare at me

"Why are you following me" I glared at him in turn

"So now you're a whore? You let any man sleep with you?" he gritted out.

"The pot calling the kettle black" I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. This wasn't how I wanted the night to plan out. How did a one night stand go horribly wrong.

The drive was quiet, the only sounds were the music from the radio and the wind whistling. He stopped in front of my apartment complex and I huffed a sigh.

"Can you please let me explain?" He pleaded. I didn't have to turn to see the emotions flickering in his eyes.

I'm seriously going to regret this

"Fine"

A/N

I know, I'm evil for leaving another cliffhanger *inserts evil laugh*

Thanks for reading 🦋