3

~ Champagne bottles ~
December 3

The sun beams down on my bare shoulders, as I walk down the paddock. Despite my best efforts to suppress it, a smile has crept up on my lips. I'm honestly really excited for todays race.

Well maybe I'm more excited to see my employer than to see the actual race...

"Caro!" A small yet incredibly loud voice shouts behind me. I immediately recognise the voice. I let out a laugh over his attempt at saying my name, turning around to face Julius.

He's dressed in Ferrari merch from head to toe, and I mean that quite literally. He's even got custom designed Ferrari shoes and socks.

"Julius!" I shout back, significantly quieter than Julius tho. He returns a big grin to me, his brown hair sticking out from the Ferrari cap.

Julius let's go off Charles's hand, running over to me. He begins to open his arms for a hug, before he suddenly comes to stop.

The smile from his lips disappears.

He pulls his arms back to himself, suddenly looking back for his father. Charles immediately notices, giving me a slight smile, as he walks up to me and Julius.

Charles picks up Julius, giving him a kiss on the forehead with a look in his eyes that I can't read. It's like a cloud of shyness has suddenly taken over Julius, his gaze almost scared to turn my direction.

"This little guy hasn't stopped talking about you, he's told me that you watched me race" Charles says, his eyes laying on me as he smiles.

"Yeah I hope that was okay, he clearly loves racing" I respond, returning the smile. I can't help but let my eyes fall on Charles as he smiles.

There's something about those dimples. Somehow they manage to make my entire body warm up...

My eyes lock with Charles's, and silence erupts between us. With a small smile wiped over my lips, I can feel my cheeks warm up.

When Charles Leclerc shines his green eyes at you, the whole world suddenly stands still, as you wonder how a man can be so beautiful.

I stop my thoughts, breaking the eye contact, my gaze falling on Julius instead. Charles clears his throat, looking anywhere but at me.

"Uhm, the race begins in a bit, so can you take him now?" Charles asks me, slightly adjusting the bright red Ferrari cap on Julius's head.

"Of course" I quickly reply, fiddling with my hands. Why am I suddenly nervous? I watch as Charles sets Julius down on the ground, kneeling before him.

"I'll see you after the race okay? Je t'aime" Charles softly says, his voice becoming gentle whenever he speaks to Julius. Charles gives him a quick kiss on the cheek, before he stands up right again.

"If I get on the podium today, find my brother Arthur, he'll make sure you and Julius can come watch" Charles whispers to me so Julius doesn't hear him, probably so Julius doesn't get his expectations up too high.

Charles gives Julius a quick wave, before he slightly leans his body forward. My body freezes, as I watch him start to open his arms for a hug.