15

~Right in the guts~
December 15

The fireplace crackles in the corner, sending a comforting warmth into the rest of the living room. On one side of me Arthur and Carla are cuddled up watching a movie, and on the other is Pascale and Julius napping together.

My heart warms, but a weird sense of belonging aches in my chest. I've only got my mind on one person right now...

"Hey" Charles whispers to me, leaning over the sofa where I'm sat. Within mere seconds a smile rushes onto my lips.

"Hi" I reply, keeping my voice low to not wake up Pascale and Julius. A sweet, soft smile spreads across Charles's lips, as he holds out his hand for me.

"Come with me" He says, his voice gentle as he gestures for me to follow. I accept his hand, following him through the house.

Charles stops in front of the door to his bedroom, the same smile still plastered on his lips. It makes me happy to see him this happy.

Carefully Charles opens the door up, revealing the big bedroom where a king size bed stands in the middle.

The lights are turned off, the curtains rolled down so the only light inside is from the tv screen. Cozy and fuzzy blankets lay spread across the bed, where snacks and hot chocolate stands ready.

I look over at Charles, my mouth hanging open in surprise. "I thought you deserved something nice after today" Charles says, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

My eyes fall on his green ones in awe. This might be the sweetest thing anyone has done for me. I practically crash into Charles, wrapping my arms around him.

I can't even thank him enough, a thousand different emotions overwhelming me. "Thank you Charles, really" I say into his neck, his signature cologne washing over me.

He smiles at me as I pull away, leading me over to the bed. "Remember when we watched Love Actually on the plane?" Charles asks, sitting down on the bed. I nod, how could I ever forget.

"Well since you got to show me a Christmas movie you love last time, I thought this time I could get to show you one I love" Charles says, switching to Netflix on the tv. I smile from ear to ear, as the movie shows up, Home alone.

Could this man get any cuter?

"I've watched about a thousand times, me and my brothers loved it when we were kids" Charles tells me, as I sit down next to him in the bed. His smile turns wider as he talks about his childhood, and my heart melts even more.

I smile at him, taking one of Pascale's home baked cookies that Charles has set up on the bed. "Oh yeah I'm actually not allowed to eat any of this so it's all for you" Charles says with a slight laugh, leaning back against the headboard on the bed.

I follow after him, sitting down besides him, our shoulders pressed up against each other. Charles presses play on the movie, smiling over at me, clearly excited over getting to watch the movie.

Through out the whole movie, a smile stays on my lips. This is literally perfect. The movie nears the end, and I look over at Charles to find him smiling from ear to ear, the movie clearly meaning a lot to him.

I edge closer to him, pulling a blanket over me because of the cold. With no words being exchanged, Charles smiles down at me, moving his arm to wrap around me, allowing me to cuddle up to his chest.

Oh god.

My cheeks flush pink, as I desperately try to keep my eyes forward on the movie playing. But it's a struggle when those green eyes are staring back at me.

Charles pulls me even closer to him, so we're literally cuddling and I'm laying against his chest. Warmth and an electric like feeling floods through me as I have to fight back a smile.

I finally give in, looking up at Charles to find exactly what I was hoping for.

He's already looking at me, his dimples flashing at me and his brown hair ruffled up. God. My heart skips a beat from simply looking at him.

I turn my eyes back to the movie, biting down on my lip in order to fight back a smile.

--❄--

The credits roll down the tv screen, as the outro for the movie plays. I'd completely forgotten how good Home alone actually is.

Under me, I can feel Charles's chest rise with every deep breath. I look up at him, finding him softly snoring with his eyes closed shut.

I smile, pulling a warm blanket over me.

The things he's done for me just today have been incredible and I can't thank him enough. Recently I've been happier than I've been in a long time, and it's all thanks to him.

As I look at him, my stomach bubbles with emotions. Emotions I wish I could deny, emotions I keep pushing away.

But in this moment, when happiness is bubbling inside me, I give up on pushing them away, finally accepting them.

Fuck.

I look at Charles, my eyes trailing over his face. I look at his brown messy hair, the spot over the corners of his mouth, where I know dimples reveal whenever he smiles.

Realisation hits me right in the guts, hard. Panic rifles through my body, as I look at the guy I... fuck. I struggle to even think the word, fear pulsing through me.

I can't deny the feelings anymore, can't ignore them. No matter how much they scare me, and how much they could hurt me, there's no denying anymore...

I'm in....love.

Shit.

I'm in love with Charles Leclerc.

--❄--

ARGHHH
Finally she realized!!💗
Sorry for a shorter chapter❤️